Seat Tarraco Forum banner
401 - 420 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, that and top 360° camera in my case. But I guess we should also give up tires, engine, steering wheel, seats -- in this case maybe we could get delivery soon!

New update in today: as expected, dealer told me that my MY21 Xcellence order has been 'automatically' converted into an MY23 Xperience (this also means that the car is not already built and awaiting for missing parts). Same price of course. I double checked specs and it looks like MY23 Xperience is 100% identical (apart from some internal finishing) to MY21 Xcellence, at least as per SEAT Italia offering.

LOL moment during our call:
Dealer: ...so that's clearly why your order was pushed back into 00 status -- they were managing the switch from Xcellence to Xperience!
Me: That means status is different now? Do we have a BW?
Dealer: Well, no, status is stil 00, I was just saying status 00 in the past few weeks was justified by the need to make the switch.
Me: Ok so it was justified then, but it is not now.
Dealer: Yeah, something like that.
Me: Ok, very helpful, thanks.
So if we are logical, the 2023 model will never see the light of day before ... 2023 ?
If that's the case, I'm very reassured ! 😂

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any news?
Personally I stopped asking tbh. Once it became evident that the car could not be delivered in time for my August holidays, I lost any interest.

Btw dealer is offering me their Tarraco e-Hybrid FR to cover my holiday needs... and they are asking me more than what I would pay for a Mercedes B-Class that I booked for the same period with AVIS. One would think that, given the circumstances (been waiting for my car for 14 months so far), they should be offering me the car rental at a big discount. Looks this is not the case. Meh.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally I stopped asking tbh. Once it became evident that the car could not be delivered in time for my August holidays, I lost any interest.

Btw dealer is offering me their Tarraco e-Hybrid FR to cover my holiday needs... and they are asking me more than what I would pay for a Mercedes B-Class that I booked for the same period with AVIS. One would think that, given the circumstances (been waiting for my car for 14 months so far), they should be offering me the car rental at a big discount. Looks this is not the case. Meh.
Fantastic!
The only thing I fear is that as the prices have gone up considerably, they will do everything to get us to cancel our order.
I'll wait a little longer, I'm offered a Kia Sportage hybrid (not plug-in) or a Hyundai Tucson hybrid 230, which I find ugly, and too small.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just received a build date for my Tarraco. Ordered October 12 2021, build date (fingers crossed) August 12th. It'll be near as damnit a whole year to get the car. The only consolation, is that the price is honoured, and I should get the latest reg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the SEAT website, the Excellence no longer exists - now renamed Experience (as mentioned on this forum). I have received no notification as to the model remand, so I don't know whether I get the Excellence, or Experience. It'll be interesting to see which one I get. Maybe SEAT are running down the old model, and the new name is for future orders.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@vastunghia
it seems that hybrids are the only ones not to receive any news!
The big difference between the Xperience and Xcellence is the alcantara upholstery, not the same colour (which is much prettier on the Xperience)
Congrats to you guys having great news ! don't forget to post photos ;-)

·
Registered
Tarraco FR 2.0 TDI
8 Posts
@vastunghia
it seems that hybrids are the only ones not to receive any news!
The big difference between the Xperience and Xcellence is the alcantara upholstery, not the same colour (which is much prettier on the Xperience)
Congrats to you guys having great news ! don't forget to post photos ;-)
2.0TDI FWD FR style. Order date September '21. No information about delivery date 😭

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at everyone else’s (none)progress,has me doubting what I’ve been told-especially as my order was relatively late (January).
I’ll believe it when I’ve been sent photos from the dealer!😬

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looking at everyone else’s (none)progress,has me doubting what I’ve been told-especially as my order was relatively late (January).
I’ll believe it when I’ve been sent photos from the dealer!😬
I think it is clear at this point that there are some factors that make your order more likely to be received sooner or later than other orders. To name a few:
  • Hybrid or not
  • Locked in a low price pre-Ukraine
  • Locked in a low price thanks to state incentives that have expired
  • Xcellence? Sorry, apparently more backlog due to forced switch to Xperience
  • How many optionals? [In particular 360° top view camera and pano roof seem to be the ones most hit by Ukraine, and possibly top-end safety features still impacted by chip shortage]
Personally, for all the above points I can tick the 'Yes, more delay' mark. I think you may well be in the opposite situation. In that case, I would not be surprised if you received your car in a short while.

14 months and counting here...

Ps: I am witnessing sales of used, 1-year old hybrid models (20k - 30k kms) with a price tag around 10'000 € higher than the price I locked in for my new hybrid. No surprise I am not getting my car...

Pps: VW is lightheartedly declaring that they are giving priority to high-margin orders, which is something that leaves me astonished (the fact that they are publicly claiming it, not the fact that they are doing it, which is pretty obvious). I'm wondering if this could form the basis for a class action.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it is clear at this point that there are some factors that make your order more likely to be received sooner or later than other orders. To name a few:
  • Hybrid or not
  • Locked in a low price pre-Ukraine
  • Locked in a low price thanks to state incentives that have expired
  • Xcellence? Sorry, apparently more backlog due to forced switch to Xperience
  • How many optionals? [In particular 360° top view camera and pano roof seem to be the ones most hit by Ukraine, and possibly top-end safety features still impacted by chip shortage]
Personally, for all the above points I can tick the 'Yes, more delay' mark. I think you may well be in the opposite situation. In that case, I would not be surprised if you received your car in a short while.

14 months and counting here...

Ps: I am witnessing sales of used, 1-year old hybrid models (20k - 30k kms) with a price tag around 10'000 € higher than the price I locked in for my new hybrid. No surprise I am not getting my car...

Pps: VW is lightheartedly declaring that they are giving priority to high-margin orders, which is something that leaves me astonished (the fact that they are publicly claiming it, not the fact that they are doing it, which is pretty obvious). I'm wondering if this could form the basis for a class action.
I make the same observation. The 360 camera and panoramic roof options are the worst features.

The worst thing I see from Seat is that they are selling stock cars on the French market at €10,000 more than they cost when they were first made (which is a shame).

I really don't think I'll ever get it, although I'm hoping for a nice surprise, who knows?

I'd rather Seat sent a letter saying "due to production costs, we can't deliver your car".

401 - 420 of 440 Posts