Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Someone has backed into my front grill just below/drives side from number plate where the front sensor sits. It's like a towbar but higher.

The sensor popped out and looks like it's just clipped in. I see a screw either end of the grill bellow the number plate level. Is this simple to replace by removing the sensors, replacing and popping them back in place after. It's hard to work out what's behind the central square panel, which I assume is the active cruise/collision protection.

Realising the car is looong. It fills most car spaces, length wise.

It's a 69 plate Tarraco xcellence Lux.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

·
Registered
17 Posts
ironically , the same thing has happened to me , i dropped my car off to Seat for a quote for repair and they have advised just under £500 for a replacement Grille and sensor calibration, if the sensor is damaged the total will be £1021. They advised if the square sensor panel is cracked it will need recalibrating even if the sensor itself is intact

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Msurty, helpful information. Fortunately the centre sensor is untouched and the one parking sensor, which seems to click into place, just popped out. It's fine. My problem is the surrounds are cracked. Once I have time, I will undo the 2 fixing screws to see what comes away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, took a punt on Horton parts which came up on a google search and got a response to their online form in minutes:

Looking for: front grill below number plate where the parking sensors and front 'square' sensor are seated.

Got: Front grille 5FJ853635A 9B9 is £88.85 inc. Vat and postage.
To order please call 01522 684013 www.seatpartsshop.co.uk

I'm impressed...now I just need to work out if I can fix it easily myself...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks that seems a reasonable price including postage , i will place an order too , i would not be comfortable fitting it myself but let me know how you get on and if it was easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.