Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after looking at the Tarraco and deciding it was too expensive, and then also writing off 2nd hand versions of the VW/Skoda equivalents for the same reason, our search for a 7 seater to replace my Passat was hedging towards either a Toyota Verso or a Ford S/C-Max. I think the C-Max was below our monthly budget, but wasn't a nice car, with lots of clutch-related issues, so we were looking at either an S-Max or Verso on finance. And then I found what seemed to be too good to be true... a brand new Tarraco for around 25% off list price. For a new model that is just out, that seemed like a con, quite frankly! And it would work out cheaper on the finance than the Ford/Toyota, due to having higher residuals and lower APR!

And it turned out to be true. The Seat dealership in Beeston near Nottingham had four demonstrators, so they were nearly new rather than new, but I would be first owner on the V5C. And there was a choice of colour... white, blue or grey. And after test driving the white, we chose to buy the grey, which had been sat in the showroom and hadn't even been on the road yet!

Which is how I ended up getting the train up to Beeston yesterday to pick up my new car. And it was a lovely day for it! It was one of the showrooms first Tarraco handovers, and this salespersons first, and I am sure they're going to have many more, especially if they keep selling them at that price! (£22,995 for an SE First Edition, 6.9% APR! :eek: )

Thanks to the information provided here I knew what to look for as part of the handover. The SD card for the navigation system was missing, so they're ordering that for me, although it came with the USB cable so I was able to hook my phone up anyway. There was a small scratch on the rear bumper which they sorted, and everything else seemed to be present except for two things... apparently there is no service book given now, so it all gets done electronically. And there was no SEAT teddy bear... although again they said they would get one sent out to me, as I said I had already promised it to my son!

The car was lovely to drive home down the M1, using the adaptive cruise control, with the lane guidance warning me when I (deliberately) went too close one way or the other. The dealer had put £20 of fuel in (or at least they charged me for £20 of fuel, although they might come from SEAT like that), and there was just enough in there to get me the 67 miles home. 12 miles on the clock at collection, 79 at first fuel up. (62litres, after which it was showing a range of 410 miles, although I am sure it will do more!) I use the Fuelly app so will be keeping an eye on the mpg!

Unfortunately it isn't all rosy... there's an annoying warning that comes on when I go more than 20mph! I think you're meant to use the button on the lights stalk to change it, although when I have been parked it hasn't done anything, so maybe it needs to be done while driving! I need to figure out the exact steps as I don't fancy reading the manual while haring along the motorway :lol:

I also need to figure out if I can connect my underseat subwoofer, and wire up my new NextBase dash cam! I have the hard wire kit for the front camera, but I don't fancy trying to pull all the trim out to get the rear camera properly wired up as well!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Cracking deal that! It should come with a set amount of fuel from the factory as it were and they should not have charged you to be honest.

Looks like you enabled either speed limiter or the warning for a certain speed , if you go to the left/right button on the right side of the steering wheel and toggle through it will reach the car settings then turn the wheel to 'warn at' you can ok that and turn it off, I don't know what this is for to be honest.
Also in the car settings in the screen you can turn on active lane guidance it will actually actively steer and keep yo in the middle of the lane.

Also , if you press the end of the indicator stalk you can access the assistance systems quickly and toggle them on/off, but the active lane guidance is not there directly only in the screen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Cracking deal that! It should come with a set amount of fuel from the factory as it were and they should not have charged you to be honest.

Looks like you enabled either speed limiter or the warning for a certain speed , if you go to the left/right button on the right side of the steering wheel and toggle through it will reach the car settings then turn the wheel to 'warn at' you can ok that and turn it off, I don't know what this is for to be honest.
Also in the car settings in the screen you can turn on active lane guidance it will actually actively steer and keep yo in the middle of the lane.

Also , if you press the end of the indicator stalk you can access the assistance systems quickly and toggle them on/off, but the active lane guidance is not there directly only in the screen.
I used to work for a car finance company (As it happens, VWFS, for about 8 years, until earlier this year) so when I saw what deal they were offering, I snapped their hand off :lol: I said to my wife, for £x a month we can have this 18 month old second hand Verso i've found, or a brand new Tarraco! :D

I did have a look through those options while driving home but didn't see anything obvious. Will have another look in next day or so - I have someone coming to protect the paintwork tomorrow, same stuff as dealers offer but about a quarter of the price! Wasn't sure if ceramic coating was worth the extra outlay, will see how it goes over the first year I guess!

(and this was already switched on when I picked it up from the dealer, driving towards the motorway not knowing where I'm going and I had that thing beeping at me, and then I only realised auto hold was disabled when I nearly rolled back into someone! :oops: )

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Any pictures?
Not yet, was too self conscious to take any at the dealership (was bad enough waving my foot under the boot area to test the virtual pedal, as obviously at that point i didn't know it didn't have keyless entry :lol: )

The plan is to take some tomorrow after work - once it's been nicely cleaned and coated!

·
Registered
436 Posts
As you worked for VWFS, may I ask you a question? My contact states the total mileage I can do and also the yearly mileage I can do....will they charge me mileage if I go over 10k in the first year or just if the total is over 40K after 4 years?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I worked on the IT side rather than the business so this isn't guaranteed. I believe that they will record your mileage when you get the vehicle serviced, and if you're going WAY over mileage they might say something, but usually it's only when you're coming up to handing the vehicle back that it actually matters...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey congrats on the new car. There seems to be a bit of a push from Seat to get more of these onto the road as we also got a great deal of ours from a well known online comparison website. Our brand new Xcellence lux was was about 17% off the list price. We picked ours up over the weekend and loving it. So many toys on it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stellamaris5 said:
redvers76 said:
As promised, a picture from today!

IMG_4635 copy.jpeg
DOn't park near that Dacia so you dont get a dent from their door unless it's yours :)
Heh heh, that's the wife's car... thankfully we have enough space for 4 cars at front, so currently there's plenty of space even while we wait for the Passat to be picked up by BCA...

·
Registered
102 Posts
redvers76 said:
SeriousDave said:
Nice colour 😉
I don't know *which* grey mine is, to be honest, as it was already there in the dealership when we picked it 🤣
Looks the same as mine, when I went to order one j was told that there was a couple at the port that hadn't been allocated to anyone and it would take 10 days to get me it, this spec which I wanted only in this colour so I took it purely on his word that it was nice, and my son said dad don't get black everyone gets black cars now haha so i said let's do it, however I seen a black on at the dealership the other week and it also looked really nice, I Purley took this one due to being impatient but it payed of as I'm really happy with ut

·
Registered
102 Posts
redvers76 said:
They had the blue in the showroom when I was picking mine up; we weren't sure on whether to go for the grey (which we had seen) or the blue (unseen as was offsite). Turns out the blue looks quite good too :)
I just couldn't drive a blue car but it does look nice :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.