Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tarraco 69 plate's wiper blades sometimes make a horrible juddering, scaping noise across the screen. I've seen previous chat about Bosch options (Bosch Aerotwin, ref: AP26U for the drivers side and AP22U for the passenger).

Are these the best?

My GF has an Ateca (which is why I looked at SEAT) and hers are worse (so bad, I can't talk to her on the phone if she drives in the wet). Is there an Ateca forum or similar suggestions here for better wiper blades?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

·
Registered
423 Posts
Before spending money on new ones, try a clean first. It's also, not neccesarily the wipers alone causing the problem.

You can give the wiper blades by using a cloth moistened with vinegar (what ever is at home but don't waste the aged balsamic :lol: ). Wipe the blade up and down and you will see the dirt come off. Wipe until its clean.

Then you need to clean the glass properly too. Depending on how ingrained the dirt and calcium is, it may need a clay bar to clean it off. If its not too bad, then vinegar may suffice. Google Deep Clean Windscreen and there will be loads of youtube tutorials.

If you change your wipers, yes, they'll clear great out of the box but will have lower life expectancy if your glass is not in a good shape. I have just bought this for my cars:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G8504-Perfect-Clarity-Sealant/dp/B06W9KNBH7/ref=asc_df_B06W9KNBH7/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310577373001&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12360105215072459538&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046084&hvtargid=pla-540912086809&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Not sure if it will improve the wipers but with this the water should bead up fly off the windscreen with minimal speed. I've used RainX in the past but I guess it's time to move on and try a more up to date product which has good reviews.

Also the final tip, which is an oversight for most, is the washer fluid additive. They for sure ain't all made the same! I won't go into which is the best, there are plenty of reviews on the internet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Bruce
These are the ones Iv fitted as my OEM ones were dreadful.
I'm not sure if the fit the Ateca but if you measure them and are the same length then all good.
These are sooo much better and a good price at around £20 a set

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts