Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a puncture on my Tarraco, If you have 20" rims and Seat have fitted the Pirelli Scorpion Verdes these have a self sealing membrane on the inside, :eek: Do not and i repeat do not :eek: remove the screw until you have a replacement as they cannot be repaired :shock: ( unless other tyre fitters can do, mine definitely could not ??) the membrane will keep the seal until you remove, :? found this out too late, The tyres have a logo on the side "SEAL INSIDE", Was also advised to not use Seat Tyre weld use Holts instead as to replace Seat is £50 holts only £8 ??
They had to order tyre so at moment driving on a wing and prayer hoping tyre will stay up till then ?? will let you know how i get on

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's a quick first puncture! I have Continental SportContact 5 on my 20" wheels but they have the same self-sealant so good to know. I thought they could be repaired quite easily....did you damage it by taking out the offending object yourself?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Summer tyres are fine in the UK different if you live in a country where they have a proper winter, we have a cold snap for a few weeks hardly ever snows either

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The self seal is a membrane on the inside and the normal plug will not bond into this, so the tyre is no good :cry: , my advice is if you get a nail/screw or screwdriver bit (this was in mine did not leak until removed as did not know they were self seal ??) in your tyre and it either a slow puncture or not going down, source a new tyre before removing the offending bit, :idea:
I did not spec these it was the car came with apparently according to tyre guy a lot of the cars are going this way as well as fitting the tyres with foam in to keep down noise etc, tyre is now repaired and bank balance £180 lighter :cry:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Tarracopad said:
The self seal is a membrane on the inside and the normal plug will not bond into this, so the tyre is no good :cry: , my advice is if you get a nail/screw or screwdriver bit (this was in mine did not leak until removed as did not know they were self seal ??) in your tyre and it either a slow puncture or not going down, source a new tyre before removing the offending bit, :idea:
I did not spec these it was the car came with apparently according to tyre guy a lot of the cars are going this way as well as fitting the tyres with foam in to keep down noise etc, tyre is now repaired and bank balance £180 lighter :cry:
Yeah, every time I change tyres from new I go for normal tyres.
Do you know if the tyre pressure sensor is inside or is it one of those that senses the diameter of the tyre? Did you get a warning about it on the dash?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The diameter of the tyre, there no sensors, it will not give you pressure either just the reset as long as you are happy with the pressures

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.