Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a puncture on my Tarraco, If you have 20" rims and Seat have fitted the Pirelli Scorpion Verdes these have a self sealing membrane on the inside, :eek: Do not and i repeat do not :eek: remove the screw until you have a replacement as they cannot be repaired :shock: ( unless other tyre fitters can do, mine definitely could not ??) the membrane will keep the seal until you remove, :? found this out too late, The tyres have a logo on the side "SEAL INSIDE", Was also advised to not use Seat Tyre weld use Holts instead as to replace Seat is £50 holts only £8 ??
They had to order tyre so at moment driving on a wing and prayer hoping tyre will stay up till then ?? will let you know how i get on

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's a quick first puncture! I have Continental SportContact 5 on my 20" wheels but they have the same self-sealant so good to know. I thought they could be repaired quite easily....did you damage it by taking out the offending object yourself?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just wondering, are your tyres the All Season ones, and if so did you spec them yourself?....I have always got the standard summer tyres on any new car I've bought (no choice)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Summer tyres are fine in the UK different if you live in a country where they have a proper winter, we have a cold snap for a few weeks hardly ever snows either

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The self seal is a membrane on the inside and the normal plug will not bond into this, so the tyre is no good :cry: , my advice is if you get a nail/screw or screwdriver bit (this was in mine did not leak until removed as did not know they were self seal ??) in your tyre and it either a slow puncture or not going down, source a new tyre before removing the offending bit, :idea:
I did not spec these it was the car came with apparently according to tyre guy a lot of the cars are going this way as well as fitting the tyres with foam in to keep down noise etc, tyre is now repaired and bank balance £180 lighter :cry:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Tarracopad said:
The self seal is a membrane on the inside and the normal plug will not bond into this, so the tyre is no good :cry: , my advice is if you get a nail/screw or screwdriver bit (this was in mine did not leak until removed as did not know they were self seal ??) in your tyre and it either a slow puncture or not going down, source a new tyre before removing the offending bit, :idea:
I did not spec these it was the car came with apparently according to tyre guy a lot of the cars are going this way as well as fitting the tyres with foam in to keep down noise etc, tyre is now repaired and bank balance £180 lighter :cry:
Yeah, every time I change tyres from new I go for normal tyres.
Do you know if the tyre pressure sensor is inside or is it one of those that senses the diameter of the tyre? Did you get a warning about it on the dash?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The diameter of the tyre, there no sensors, it will not give you pressure either just the reset as long as you are happy with the pressures

1 - 8 of 8 Posts