·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have managed to do it on my own in the end as I had a bit of time yesterday.

Had to use a 11" 45 deg long handle plier to get the new connector past the throttle housing and even then there was a lot of swearing (and cuts and bruises) as you need to get your fingers somehow under the new connector to push it in (no amount of leverage with the long pliers could do it and I am not a lightweight, can bench 100kg).

I have routed the loom so as to have the unit next to the battery under the vanity cover (the cover was designed for the diesels that have a bigger battery and has just enough space at the bottom) which makes both the loom and connector almost invisible. Will post some images later today.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Images as mentioned above, you can see the RaceChip module on the right nicely tucked in below the vanity battery cover, I also added an extra cable tie to keep the cover snug, second image shows how tidy it all is with all covers in.
Vehicle Automotive fuel system Light Car Motor vehicle

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vib1288 said:
More importantly, how's the difference in power??
I have it on a 10 minute warmup timer (will bring that down to 5 in a couple of hundred miles) and have done many short drives since installation but nothing substantial so it hasn't kicked in properly yet.

In any case, the ECU will need 400-500 miles to calibrate so can't report anything material ATM.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vib1288 said:
On my 2.0tsi, the difference was noticeable right away.
I have it on Race 7 and so far haven't seen much of a difference, if that persists I will contact RaceChip as they can send alternative configurations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.