Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Saris bones rear bike carrier on their Tarraco? I'm considering this but wondering if I'd also need a light bar and if so how do I fit this to the electrics.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I fancied a tow bar mounted carrier but I was quoted almost £850 for a retractable tow bar that wasn't electric, part numbers below, and that's fitted.

Brink numbers
Brink towbar 666400
13 pin kit 701504

Ended up buying a roof rack, roof box (2nd hand) and two bike carriers for half that price. And sold my old tow bar carrier.

Got Thule 598 carriers on eBay, but with Volvo written on them instead of Thule. 31664408 is the part number. Can get them for £70 at the minute.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I used Saris bones on numerous cars but not yet on the Tarraco. Years ago I had a very sturdy Thule 2 bike carrier. Used it on my Passat but since selling the car it hasn't been suitable for any of my cars.... until the Tarraco! (glad I kept the thule albeit its been sitting gathering dust for 11 years!)

With a spend of £20 on a new fitting kit, I can once again re-use the Thule.

The benefit of this Thule it is a clamp on deisgn and is rock solid. No nylon tie down straps needed.

I have the 9106 and I like that the wheels actually sit in a tray to hold the bike. There is also a 9104, which is a frame mounting but can take 3 bikes.

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/bike-rack/trunk-bike-racks/thule-clipon-high-2-9106-_-910601
https://www.thule.com/en-gb/bike-rack/trunk-bike-racks/thule-clipon-3-9104-_-910401

I can't emphasise enough that although these are 'universal' you do need the correct fitting kit. This in turn gives you a semi-tailored made product that is rock solid.

·
Registered
447 Posts
woody2020 said:
any reasons why you chose this brand, I'm thinking of buying one. I want to carry 4 bikes though...
I doubt you'll be able to safely carry 4 bikes on a tailgate rack.

It'll either be a roof carrier or tow bar carrier.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi @vib1288,

What's the fitting kit to adapt these to the Tarraco please? Thule just say the rear spoiler means none of the clip-ons are compatible to 'reach' over the spoiler.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thule 9115 is the fitting kit (43cm straps) to custom fit the 9106 carrier to the Tarraco.

Lots of places sell them, just Google it.

If you goto the Thule site and go through the options, it'll recommend a 9106 with 9115 fitting kit.

I had a look at the Tarraco and although the top looks like a spoiler, it is actually part of the metal tailgate (as it was on the Passat). So unless you have one of the FR trims, which do have an additional spoiler on top, you shouldn't have a problem with damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.