Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Got a 69 Plate Tarraco, love the car. However, I can't seem to turn off the 2 rear interior lights? When I get in and start driving, all interior lights go off except those two. If I press the switch for the lights in the front they stay on and if I turn them off individually they stay on?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I haven't seen any such setting myself. Only thing I could think of is if you were having a door open and the door open light switch turned on. But doubt you're driving with an open door.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just checked and you're correct, there is no setting under Lights..i must've imagined it. I see you've checked the combination of the door open button and the rear light button in headlining and also the individual buttons..it's either they're not set correctly or it's a fault. I had mine set incorrectly when i got it and noticed they were on by chance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you checked the rear light's own switches (for the back passengers) aren't in the "on" positions? Sounds funny, but that would explain why they are permanently on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone managed to find a fix for this. I am still having the issues with rear lights. tried all i can, but wont tun off.

SOLVED:

The buttons should be pushed in (not sticking out) in both the rear light switch AND the front upper console (for rear side lighting). PUSH IN to turn off and PUSH OUT to turn on (Weird)

You have to turn your rear lights off (even if they are on, just push in the power button anyways, not pushed out) Then goto the master rearlights button by the sunroof console and press it (push out to turn on)... trust me it works. It took us an hour to figure this out, lol OMG! That was it! I was working under the assumption that when the button is in the OUT position, it is Off. It's exactly the opposite and it's the combination that we didn't try. All the buttons have to be pushed IN to turn them Off. So, the REAR and the two reading lights all pushed IN turns them Off. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone managed to find a fix for this. I am still having the issues with rear lights. tried all i can, but wont tun off.

SOLVED:

The buttons should be pushed in (not sticking out) in both the rear light switch AND the front upper console (for rear side lighting). PUSH IN to turn off and PUSH OUT to turn on (Weird)

You have to turn your rear lights off (even if they are on, just push in the power button anyways, not pushed out) Then goto the master rearlights button by the sunroof console and press it (push out to turn on)... trust me it works. It took us an hour to figure this out, lol OMG! That was it! I was working under the assumption that when the button is in the OUT position, it is Off. It's exactly the opposite and it's the combination that we didn't try. All the buttons have to be pushed IN to turn them Off. So, the REAR and the two reading lights all pushed IN turns them Off. Thanks!!!
This worked for me. It has been annoying me for months the manual was useless. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.