Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm due to pick up my Tarraco towards the end of October. Trading in a 2017 Alhambra. I just took a Tarraco for a test drive today and noticed something. On my Alhambra pulling the middle row seat out of the way to let someone into the rear seat is a one handed job. You pull the tab, the seat lifts and moves forward, then you push the seat back and the seat lowers once it's in its original position all the way back and locks into place.

On the Tarraco I test drove today, pulling it forward seems almost the same (except it doesn't lift, the backrest moves forward and then the seat moves with it). Except when you want to return the seat to its original position, the backrest locks back into place but the seat doesn't move back until you've used your other hand to pull the bar up at the bottom and pushed the seat back.

My question is, is this normal on all Tarracos? Is there a setting or something I need to do to get it to work one handed?

Thanks for reading. Hope that made sense.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jack1364 said:
Hi guys

I'm due to pick up my Tarraco towards the end of October. Trading in a 2017 Alhambra. I just took a Tarraco for a test drive today and noticed something. On my Alhambra pulling the middle row seat out of the way to let someone into the rear seat is a one handed job. You pull the tab, the seat lifts and moves forward, then you push the seat back and the seat lowers once it's in its original position all the way back and locks into place.

On the Tarraco I test drove today, pulling it forward seems almost the same (except it doesn't lift, the backrest moves forward and then the seat moves with it). Except when you want to return the seat to its original position, the backrest locks back into place but the seat doesn't move back until you've used your other hand to pull the bar up at the bottom and pushed the seat back.

My question is, is this normal on all Tarracos? Is there a setting or something I need to do to get it to work one handed?

Thanks for reading. Hope that made sense.
I've never played with an alhambra, but I did struggle with this on Tarraco the first couple of times I tried to put the kids in the back, but basically...

You always have to fold the back rest forward using the catch at the top of the seat before you can then use the lower handle (beneath the seat) to release the Seat to slide back and forth.

Techinically you can do this single handed as you can use same hand to do both, but it would be difficult if you are trying to carry something in your other hand as you have to bend down to reach the lower mechanism.

As long as the back rest is down you can then slide the Seat back and forth single handed quite easily, you just make sure you don't raise the back rest until the Seat is where you want it to be as this locks the Seat in place

I'm not aware of a mechanism that allows you to move the Seat without using both handles consecutively.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

That's such a shame. It's an absolute godsend being able to whip that middle row out the way and back in place in one step. I just hope I get used to it so it doesn't become a chore

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jack1364 said:
Thanks for the reply

That's such a shame. It's an absolute godsend being able to whip that middle row out the way and back in place in one step. I just hope I get used to it so it doesn't become a chore
Need to correct myself here...

You can slide the Seat back and forth with the lower handle alone, but you need to keep the handle engaged.

Once you let go it will lock the Seat in position unless the back rest is down.

So you do not need the back rest down to slide the Seat from the bottom, but if you let go of the handle while the back rest is fully upright the Seat locks into place until you pull on the lower handle again if that makes sense?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Top lever next to the headrest pull up and lean the seat forward and slide.
When going back push the seat back and lift the back rest, quite still in the beginning gets easier later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.