Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have today returned my Tarraco to the supplying dealer, after discussions with Seat Customer Service. I will miss the comfortable ride and quiet engine but will not miss 'what is it going to do next'.
Initially I considered exchange, but when yet another fault arose and it was described as a characteristic I decided against exchange.
Whilst the rejection took nearly 3 times the promised time scale the financial settlement was reasonable.

·
Registered
174 Posts
iainpeter said:
I have today returned my Tarraco to the supplying dealer, after discussions with Seat Customer Service. I will miss the comfortable ride and quiet engine but will not miss 'what is it going to do next'.
Initially I considered exchange, but when yet another fault arose and it was described as a characteristic I decided against exchange.
Whilst the rejection took nearly 3 times the promised time scale the financial settlement was reasonable.
Glad you got closure to the issues. Do you mind sharing what other problems you had other than the kangaroo effect?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
iainpeter said:
Glad you got closure to the issues. Do you mind sharing what other problems you had other than the kangaroo effect?
I had numerous issues, many just niggles in isolation but the major issues were the multimedia/sat nav and the kangarooing.
The main issues were:
The sat nav lost location and the screen and directions were miles away from our actual location, the next turn instruction then flicked on & off the screen.
The sat nav screen froze and the arrow would progress off screen, turning the ignition off and on again did not always unfreeze the screen. We provided video evidence of this taken from a phone by a passenger.
The sat nav did not accept a postcode showing the following message 'Route calculation failed. Error accessing navigation data' we used a phone to find the destination and when we got there there was a flag on the screen despite the message. To get home we used home address and got the same message and again had the flag.
The sat nav map would either appear in the multi media screen or dash, seemingly randomly without changing settings.
The multi media screen turned off, as did the radio, whilst driving and turned on again. On restarting the display in the dash were different to those prior to it turning off.
The brake assist warning flashed up randomly and on one occasion it emergency stopped whilst I was braking.
On one occasion a warning came up that the emergency brake assist had turned off whilst driving, it came back on again. Apparently it was resetting itself !
The take over steering message appeared whilst I was changing lanes.
Having spoken to Seat a second dealer looked at the multimedia/sat nav system and applied a software update, that according to the first dealer did not exist.
The fuel to empty appeared to freeze when the tank was brimmed, it stayed constant for about 60 miles on the motorway, for example, with 4 people and luggage before going up 5 miles and then dropping.
A software update was applied in July, which slightly improved the kangarooing but on occasion it was still awful. After this update on restarting the engine after stop starting the revs would go to 600/700 and noticeably pause before going to just under 1,000.
After the update there was negligible acceleration in 4th gear or above.
The gear box was awful between first and second when cold and not smooth in all gears when warm/hot, this was more noticeable after the update.
In all the car was returned three times with none of the faults fixed and I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment if a courtesy car was required. Seat tried to book the car in for the fourth time, again 3 weeks plus before it could be looked at. By then I had had enough, with no fixes, so much waiting and so many 'characteristics'.
I also had niggles with the seat belt clips in the boot, the belts were dragged out of them every time the cover was moved, the 'foot' release for the boot worked randomly and with the wipers on fast speed there was an audible click from the dash.
After rejection I saw the post re the rear seat and mine has the problem.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is a lot of stuff wrong. Can totally understand why you returned it.

In these cases do they offer you a full refund or just the current market price?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow sorry to hear your issues - completely unacceptable how long did you have them before reporting yo finance and rejecting?
What was the rear seat problem?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
That is a lot of stuff wrong. Can totally understand why you returned it.

In these cases do they offer you a full refund or just the current market price?
I had what I paid for it less a mileage deduction and a deduction as there were marks on the alloy wheels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bobbytoad said:
Wow sorry to hear your issues - completely unacceptable how long did you have them before reporting yo finance and rejecting?
There is a post on this forum re stitching and foam, the seat cover pulls away from the foam under the rear seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iainpeter said:
bobbytoad said:
There is a post on this forum re stitching and foam, the seat cover pulls away from the foam under the rear seat.
I rejected in August and had it accepted late September but the financial offer was not made until early this week. Many deadlines were missed and promised calls not made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts