Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a roof box?

I am thinking of driving to Europe this summer and wondered if anyone has had experience with this and of any recommendations

Ciao!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
valentino said:
Great thanks for the link! Does it make a difference if I have the panoramic sun roof?

In terms of bars hight etc!? I have not seen this j. The post
Shouldn't be an issue, pano affects internal roof height, external dimensions remain the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
t_v said:
valentino said:
Great thanks for the link! Does it make a difference if I have the panoramic sun roof?

Shouldn't be an issue, pano affects internal roof height, external dimensions remain the same.
Surely its the other way around. The front glass panel comes up and over the rear (fixed) one EXTERNALLY so id say, yes, it will affect it as its literally moving up and back underneath the roofbox and bars.

·
Registered
319 Posts
FR_Sport said:
t_v said:
valentino said:

Surely its the other way around. The front glass panel comes up and over the rear (fixed) one EXTERNALLY so id say, yes, it will affect it as its literally moving up and back underneath the roofbox and bars.
My assumption was that the OP would use the pano as a "moonroof" (the view is nothing to write home about but each to their own), rather than a sunroof (I wouldn't, the air turbulence is horrendous with the box on).

If they want to do the latter then they will need to check clearances depending on the chosen bar model.

·
Registered
22 Posts
t_v said:
FR_Sport said:
t_v said:
My assumption was that the OP would use the pano as a "moonroof" (the view is nothing to write home about but each to their own), rather than a sunroof (I wouldn't, the air turbulence is horrendous with the box on).

If they want to do the latter then they will need to check clearances depending on the chosen bar model.
Noise from the passing air depends greatly on the chosen bars and box from experience. We've certainly had it open when the bars are still in place (not necessarily with the box in place though). :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.