Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did mine o the drive with no jacking up . Have to have a long arm to reach the bolts but easy to do as the car is high . Would be easier still if you could drive front wheels into a ramp or few bricks but not needed .

Basically per side - remove rear then front trays with few bolts and hex screws . Remove 4 rubber bungs (2 front 2 rear) , insert the bolts into the pre drilled chassis holes and tighten to recommended grip . Trays need slight cutting using a basic hack saw ( 1cm wide 18cm long) to straddle bracket arms . I was worried about this bit but was no problem and easiest bit . Resist the trays. I did this starting at the front and worked the nuts to the back . Then slide the boards onto the brackets and 2 bolts .

First one took a hour as didn't k ow what was doing and didn't want to bust my brand new car , second was half an hour if that .

Need a torque tench that goes down to 20nm as a lot wheel ones start at 40 .

Don't follow the cutting measurements before measuring your car as I found the guide was 1 or 2 cm out vs what was there. Shape and cut dimensions where ok .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Done mine today. Same as editions2009, bit longer on the first one, second one took no time.

Thing that took me longest was figuring out how to remove the wee clip that holds the rear plate in place after undoing the torx screw.

It turns out you just pull it, with some force.

I have some spare paving stones, so drove the car up on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.