Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed if the bolts holding on their boot ram starting to rust. See photos.
I'm due for a service next month & I'll bring it up with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was in my local showroom 2 weeks ago looking at a Tarraco XC 1.5 DSG and it had the same problem with those bolts being flash rusted. I pointed it out to the sales person who called in the Service Manager to have a look not sure that they done anything as the car was not there this weekend when I placed my order for one. May be a design fault? If you are concerned it may be worth a brush down with a very small wire brush and a spray of WD 40 until you can get it in for a service. Keep your photos as evidence.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thyper said:
I was in my local showroom 2 weeks ago looking at a Tarraco XC 1.5 DSG and it had the same problem with those bolts being flash rusted. I pointed it out to the sales person who called in the Service Manager to have a look not sure that they done anything as the car was not there this weekend when I placed my order for one. May be a design fault? If you are concerned it may be worth a brush down with a very small wire brush and a spray of WD 40 until you can get it in for a service. Keep your photos as evidence.
Hi Thyper,

Thanks for the response, welcome to the forum & congratulations on your new Tarraco.
I'm more concerned about weather the inner part of the bolt is corroding. The boot lid wouldn't be the lightest & if they snapped it wouldn't be nice!

Damo

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the car eventually went in to get the bolts looked at today and they are going to replace them on the 23rd of Nov. Along with the wireless phone charger. They also said there are two software updates. One for the SOS unit which I think is quite recent and one for the control unit which dates back to sept 2019 and addresses the lack of torque at low revs with the DSG box. One thing that I should point out in another post is they found a small amount of oil on the transfer box near the engine. They are going to replace the transfer box gasket. Apparently it's common enough issue in the Tiguan & Quattro Audi's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.