Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with the sat nav.

Just picked my new car up today from Aldershot and on the way back to Newcastle the sat nav kept throwing itself to somewhere else on the map as if the car didn't know where it was. After about 5 or so minutes it found itself but kept going off onto different roads even though I was on the motorway.

It also happened while using google maps and Waze.

Any ideas or any tips before I can get it booked in anywhere? I have tried resetting it by holding the power button.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had this problem with my car, amongst many other issues which eventually led to rejection. They never found the fault despite 3 attempts and 2 different dealers looking at it between May & July 2019.
The fault would not occur whilst the dealer had it for a week and we had to supply video evidence, if safe get a passenger to video on phone .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've already took a few videos of it being fine and then all of a sudden jump to either another road or fields.

I'll give the dealer a call on Monday to see what they say.

Do you now have another Tarraco?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on my GPS issue

Car was in the dealer all day yesterday, they acknowledged a problem with GPS losing location but don't know how the issue is being caused. They have ordered an aerial base to start to see if that solves the problem but aren't 100% sure that is the what is causing it. It sounds like they are just going to keep changing parts until they find the solution.

Problem I have is that I have only had the car 12 days today and this issue was noticed as I picked the car up. I picked the car up from Aldershot and I live in Gateshead about 300 miles apart. The local seat dealer is 10 miles from my house and due to lockdown shouldn't be sharing a car with anyone outside my household and there is no available courtesy cars until December.

I like the car but how long am I going to be going to and from the dealership to get my car to find out the issue isn't fixed yet.

What would you do in my situation? I bought the bar as an ex seat management car so surely this should have been fixed before I actually picked the car up

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to hear the dealer is struggling to find the cause. As I indicated in my earlier post your issues seem to be the same as mine, mine was never fixed despite 3 attempts by 2 dealers before I rejected it with about 10 issues in total . We also discovered the sat nav fault the first time we used the sat nav.
When I returned the car the sales manager said he thought the issue was a trapped wire.
My advice would be to ask the dealer to involve Seat technical, or do so yourself.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok, guys i actually have an answer for this sat nav issue..... Unfortunately the dealers are all lying to you.... They are all aware of this issue..... Seat technical/customer services have published the memos to dealers and they know a number of tarracos have this issue.... I too was about to buy a tarraco with this fault. With a lot of investigating and me having 10 years in the motor trade on aftersales, mainly with vag brands i know how most stuff works. I ended up not buying the car i 1st looked at as i found out it was rejected by the previous owner due to the nav issue.... Seat technical dont have a fix as yet....... Due to it being a non safety issue its not an urgent fix.... The initial car i looked at had a new unit in glove box, a new gps aerial, all sorts and problem persisted.

When i told the manager at the dealership that it was a rejected car his jaw hit the floor!! Im like do not try to pull the wool over my eyes anymore!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thought you best know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how would I know if it a rejected car or not? I was informed that the car was an ex Seat management car by the dealer. The V5 states that there was 1 previous owner but doesn't state who it was like previous V5s. Maybe data protection has something to do with that.

I have already spoken to Seat Customer service about rejecting the car as have had it less than 30 days and they have sorted me a courtesy car out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I kicked off with seat customer services when the dealer was still trying to fix the car. The sat nav issue was found on test drive as i am one of thosr that tests everything. Maybe from my experience in motor trade previously and knowing what salesman are like! So dealer kept delaying and delaying as basically they couldnt fix. I accused dealer of lying straight to my face. When i got back from test drive and told em about the sat nav they all just said its probably just an update, itll be sorted. Week after week they couldnt fix it and i lost my patience and started investigating, they said they have sent a technical report to seat which i know from experience if inrung seat customer services and logged a case they can speed things up with a reply from technical. So after kicking off as i also requested a case manager deal with the issue she investigated and informed me previous owner rejected the car because of the navigation and that the dealer obvs knows and should not be selling the car till the fix is out. As its selling a car with a function that clearly doesnt work as intended. I ended up buying a different tarraco where the nav works.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I returned my car late on a Friday afternoon, it was for sale by the following Monday as a Pre Registered car. The rejection was only accepted after Seat had agreed finances with the dealer.
I had managed to kerb a couple of wheels and been charged for the repairs, from the photo's it looked as if they had been repaired.
I must admit I was shocked to see it for sale so quickly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
iainpeter said:
I returned my car late on a Friday afternoon, it was for sale by the following Monday as a Pre Registered car. The rejection was only accepted after Seat had agreed finances with the dealer.
I had managed to kerb a couple of wheels and been charged for the repairs, from the photo's it looked as if they had been repaired.
I must admit I was shocked to see it for sale so quickly.
That isn't good really, I would have expected a rejected car to be sent back to seat to investigate and not go on sale.

I have spoken to Seat customer services today after logging the issue and they can confirm my car is not a rejected customer car and was registered by seat. That puts my mind at ease a little.

My car was registered December 2019 so it isn't an early car that you would expect niggly issues with. Hopefully it is a simple fix.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AdrianC said:
The original car i looked at buying was also a "19" reg and had this fault. Issue is.. SEAT dont have a fix for this issue. Its on their list but as its not a safety issue its not priority.
Mine is a 69 plate, they must know the issue to have fixed it between builds as all cars would have the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AdrianC said:
No as its a certain batch of cars that are only affected. As the one i ended up buying was a 68 plate registered endog feb 2019.
Well mine is due in today to replace the aerial base, hope it does fix it (not holding my breath) and that the dealer puts it all back together correctly

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have had car for 3 weeks and just noticed my sat nav is completely wrong. address entered is south of home but sat nav wants to go north, then jump all over the place they says off road
I am waiting for dealership to ring me back. hope i dont need to go down lines of rejection!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gandr said:
i have had car for 3 weeks and just noticed my sat nav is completely wrong. address entered is south of home but sat nav wants to go north, then jump all over the place they says off road
I am waiting for dealership to ring me back. hope i dont need to go down lines of rejection!!!
Mine is doing exactly the same, sometimes when heading north it says I'm heading south.

My car was in the dealer on Thursday, had a new antenna, sat nav unit, wiring and new sos button fitted and still not working.

I'm waiting for a call back from seat after they have raised it with Seat technical.

I'm considering rejecting the car now

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all, collected my Xcellence Lux yesterday, and tested the Nav today. Does not recognise postcodes and just keeps calculating route all the time. Will call the dealer and see what they say. If not satisfied with response will just reject the car!!! 😡😡😡

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is something as ive said previously, they dont know a fix. The original car i was about to buy had new unit sos button aerial base the whole lot and they couldnt fix it.

Seat know about this issue as well as dealers as a memo was sent out and as its not a safety issue its not high up on their fix list.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.