Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone had issues with Satnav & Audio system on MY21 Tarraco.

About 6 weeks ago the sat nav stopped working. Head unit replaced by dealer. Still no sat nav, a week or so later, radio and bluetooth stopped working. Back to dealer again, software & coding issues resolved, everything worked for about an hour, then the dreaded "SOS contact dealer" message. Getting a tad frustrated to be honest.

As it stands now no radio, phone or sat nav, not exactly what I would have expected for an almost €50k car, after 6 months and only 11000km. Hopefully this will be the only issue we have, as apart from this it's a cracking motor. I hope it doesnt spoil the experience of my first SEAT and first from VW stable since mid 90's (1989 Golf Mk2, it broke my heart too)

Just wondering has anyone had similar issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's bad news. If you're getting the SOS issue then it sounds all related to that - I've been getting that for the entire nearly 6mths I've had mine plus constant "front assist error", "start/stop error", "lane assist error", and random head unit reboots. SEAT UK has now said they can't fix it and I'm battling the dealer I bought it from and SEAT UK to reject it - currently I'm being offered significantly less than I bought it for so hoping SEAT UK step in and top it up given it's a common and irreparable fault.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was getting similar errors to you prior to this, I'm calling into dealer again tomorrow to gave a stern word, 4 trips already and still no sign of resolution.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good luck. Let us know how you get on. I'm being told by SEAT UK that there is currently no fix for this across the VW Group vehicles it affects.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called to dealer last Friday, they were unable to connect to head unit to get logs so they carried out a power cycle on unit. Basically hold power button for approx 1minute and unit powered up. I drove the car home and no issues, however as soon as mrs drove it, the issue returned again. I carried out the 1 min reset, it came back up, I drove for 1/2 hr, no issues. Yet again when mrs drove it issue returned. At this point I had 3 options, reset unit, clear all bluetooth devices on unit or change wife 🤣🤣.

I deleted all bluetooth devices and started from scratch by re-pairing our phones. Since then everything has worked ok, with no issues. Fingers crossed that's the end of it. Saves the hassle with getting rid of wifey, she said she would take the car anyway so it was lose lose regardless 🤣🤣

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
I have e similar issue. One week ago my infotainment system stuck at "Starting Navigation" and after a boot loop of about 10 automatic restarts it shows error in SOS system and Traffic Sign Recognition system. After that the automatic restarts stop but Navigation system and SOS is still not working. This repeats every morning. Does anybody experienced something similar?
Asen

·
Registered
11 Posts
t2cool said:
Hello,
I have e similar issue. One week ago my infotainment system stuck at "Starting Navigation" and after a boot loop of about 10 automatic restarts it shows error in SOS system and Traffic Sign Recognition system. After that the automatic restarts stop but Navigation system and SOS is still not working. This repeats every morning. Does anybody experienced something similar?
Asen
Can I ask if you have traffic sign recognition as that's odd of you don't? If you do, I thought it was only on first editions unless it's been added with something like obd eleven.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have it included with some safe and drive package when I was ordering the car. The thing is that even if it shows that the system has been disabled, it is actually working and showing the traffic signs on the dashboard. Now my problem is getting worse because the infotainment does not stop rebooting by itself. It is completely useless now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.