Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the SE First Edition is meant to have SatNav?

The configurator currently doesn't show it as included. When looking at the AutoTrader advert online it says it did have the Navigator option (although I accept that could have been a mistake).

When picking the car up I was told that they had forgotten to order the SD cards hence it didn't have it set up when I collected it. The SD Card still hasn't arrived (I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow) but in looking around at fitting a subwoofer, I realise that the Ateca systems that do have SatNav all have TWO SD card slots, whereas my First Edition only has the 1.

So am I wrong to think I should have Navigation included? It's no hardship - I use Waze on CarPlay anyway - but I just want to ensure that everything that was meant to be included IS included :)

(I still have to phone the dealer as my £100 holding deposit hasn't been returned to my card yet!)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Davem said:
The first edition doesn't have it well r one doesn't
Sorry when you said "se tec" I thought you meant the Technology variant :)

A few websites (like WhatCar) suggest it should have it, as did some adverts on AutoTrader for this spec. I've just gone through the screenshots for the AutoTrader advert for the car I bought and i'll be honest it doesn't mention ANY features so definitely does NOT claim it has navigation :)

(Other adverts from the same group do, but not the advert I responded to)

·
Registered
436 Posts
One SD card slot is for the SatNav and the other is the spare that you have as well.

First edition only added bigger wheels and the advanced driver assistance systems.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stellamaris5 said:
One SD card slot is for the SatNav and the other is the spare that you have as well.

First edition only added bigger wheels and the advanced driver assistance systems.
I've never seen a proper spec sheet that describes what is and isn't included, and was relying on information gleaned from google. Funnily enough the dealership seemed to think it was meant to be included too :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stellamaris5 said:
It's all written out on the SEAT UK configurator
That's shows what the configuration is now, and is subject to change. I'd much rather have one of those cross reference sheets with the ticks showing you exactly what you're meant to get, means it cannot be secretly changed in retrospect :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
redvers76 said:
stellamaris5 said:
It's all written out on the SEAT UK configurator
That's shows what the configuration is now, and is subject to change. I'd much rather have one of those cross reference sheets with the ticks showing you exactly what you're meant to get, means it cannot be secretly changed in retrospect :)
They are always subject to change , even after you order the car. MY brochure had Wireless Charger but I didn't get it (only first edition models) and they backpedalled. I got £300 compensation for it. And the picture showed wood effect dash trim and I got aluminium.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You had the spec sheet that backed up your claim that you should have had wireless charging.

If there was a spec sheet that says I should get Nav, and I didn't get Nav, maybe I can get £300 too 🤣

·
Registered
436 Posts
redvers76 said:
You had the spec sheet that backed up your claim that you should have had wireless charging.

If there was a spec sheet that says I should get Nav, and I didn't get Nav, maybe I can get £300 too 🤣
I downloaded the online PDF brochure and took screenshots day before I ordered the car as backup, showed them this to say I ordered the car on the basis of this. SEAT UK customer services still said no as I could cancel the order as I was informed of the missing charger before delivery , however the dealer was OK and agreed

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the dealership have confirmed that the brochure said the 1st Edition came with SatNav, which is why they told me it had it on the test drive, and the adverts (and What Car review) all mention it.

They've spoken with Seat UK and Seat UK have said "tough, spec is subject to change" :-(

The dealer have given me the option of returning the vehicle and cancelling the finance & purchase. I've contacted Seat UK on Twitter to ask if this is really the only option, because it's insane if it is. And the "subject to change" line, does that mean they can replace the Tarraco with a Leon and say "subject to change" ? And does it work both ways? Is the amount I pay a month "subject to change" because i don't want to pay as much any more...

·
Registered
436 Posts
I know. It's ridiculous over such a small amount. They should really just give it up and pay up.

However don't let it spoil the new car experience, enjoy it!

I have the SatNav and I don't use it at all. It's a bit rubbish and dumb as it doesn't have internet access so no real time traffic rerouting. Google maps and Waze are much better.
To be fair the wireless charger is not great anyway, I've seen people saying it trickle charges anyway and it's much quicker with a wire. And you need a wire anyway to use apple car play or android auto.
It's not a big deal!

Hope that softens the blow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When we went to look at the the sales man did tell us the se tec first edition didn't have the nav but the se did. But having had an ateca Toledo and Ibiza all with nav I would rather use my phone on apple play as the nav isn't great

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had three Leon's and an Altea and now the Tarraco. I have the SatNav on my Tarraco and on my Leon FR and I think the SatNav is great and does have rerouting but not from the internet. I recently had a LandRover Discovery Sport and the Seat SatNav is infinitely better.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Simol said:
I've had three Leon's and an Altea and now the Tarraco. I have the SatNav on my Tarraco and on my Leon FR and I think the SatNav is great and does have rerouting but not from the internet. I recently had a LandRover Discovery Sport and the Seat SatNav is infinitely better.
sorry I was wrong then....I clearly haven't used it enough to pass judgement , sorry :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! I have the se first edition and on the description/spec sheet,Sat nav was included!I was told before I agreed to have the car that this is an error and it doesn't have sat nav. The se technology has sat nav . I just use sat nav through my phone ... just wish I could get it to show in the gauge cluster area.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Leonclark said:
Hi all! I have the se first edition and on the description/spec sheet,Sat nav was included!I was told before I agreed to have the car that this is an error and it doesn't have sat nav. The se technology has sat nav . I just use sat nav through my phone ... just wish I could get it to show in the gauge cluster area.
Your dealer was clearly more on the ball! 😊

Having complained on Twitter, and asked for more info via DM, Seat UK have contacted the dealership who confirmed they'd told me it had SatNav based on the information they had at the time.

As such, they have yet to clarify with the brand, but they're looking at a small amount of compensation for the inconvenience, as it cannot be retrofitted. The figure quotes was £300 which I believe is what those who didn't get the expected wireless charging received.

I have asked if they can instead give me a service plan for the two free services that normally come with the finance deals. That probably has the same value overall...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.