Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read various beats and pieces on the web about what can't and can't be done.
I gather version 8 is the latest UK version but have read of people using the European v.11 as well. On Seat's sight it says UK models can only update via a dealer purchased updated sd card. My dealer seemed to think I could just download the update and copy it over onto my card. I'm a bit reluctant to do that in case of cock up. I gather there is a hidden partition that makes this necessary. Has anyone tried cloning the sd card and coping the new update?

How else have people updated their maps?

Registered
No, there is not something hidden. But there is something called CID (Card Identification) number:

"A 16 byte code that contains information that uniquely identifies the SD card, including the card serial number (PSN), manufacturer ID number (MID) and manufacture date (MDT). The CID register is set when the card is manufactured and cannot be changed after it is set. (According to SD card specification the information is only to be written once, however if a card does not conform to the specification this information could be changed!)"

The vehicle is locked to some of these subcodes in CID, because my card works in Skoda Kodiaq and vice versa, but a third party card doesn't work in any of the cars. So to update the map, you can choose one of the following ways:

1. Buy a Custom CID SD Card (just google it), clone your original CID on it and copy the update.
2. Use a Original SD Card from any of the brands in VW Group, at least I can confirm that Skoda cards work.
3. Follow crumpet's instructions and use your own card. This is what I did, but I got the map from Skoda's site.

Registered
Open Navigation -> Setup -> Version Information -> map version is the second number: 1310 (for example)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kvm said:
No, there is not something hidden. But there is something called CID (Card Identification) number:

"A 16 byte code that contains information that uniquely identifies the SD card, including the card serial number (PSN), manufacturer ID number (MID) and manufacture date (MDT). The CID register is set when the card is manufactured and cannot be changed after it is set. (According to SD card specification the information is only to be written once, however if a card does not conform to the specification this information could be changed!)"

The vehicle is locked to some of these subcodes in CID, because my card works in Skoda Kodiaq and vice versa, but a third party card doesn't work in any of the cars. So to update the map, you can choose one of the following ways:

1. Buy a Custom CID SD Card (just google it), clone your original CID on it and copy the update.
2. Use a Original SD Card from any of the brands in VW Group, at least I can confirm that Skoda cards work.
3. Follow crumpet's instructions and use your own card. This is what I did, but I got the map from Skoda's site.
I can see I can buy a custom cid sd card on eBay, but do I have to supply my existing CID information, if so, how do I get that please?

Many thanks

Registered
Tarraco 2.0d 190 Xcellence Lus DSG 4x4
Follow crumpet's procedure, and try the following Seat site download if you only have the 16gb SD card:

SEAT Tarraco SUV sat nav Navi System car map updates | SEAT

I now have the Feb 2022 update of UK, France, Spsin etc for free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts