Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question to ask you good folks regarding the Satnav. I have the Ex 1st Edition+, although I'm not sure there is any difference in the satnav across the various trim levels.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but has anyone else noticed any issues with the positional accuracy of their satnav. To be clear I'm NOT talking about the unit deciding that I'm in a completely different part of the country or different road. Rather, the close in or micro level positioning of the car on the map screen versus the actual position of the car in reality. So for example, I'll arrive at a right turn in reality before the map is depicting the car in that position. Even when not following directions, just driving along the car will pass side roads or junctions 20-30 meters before the satnav map shows the car passing the same roads or junctions.

It works fine on motorways, and if you zoom out to a larger scale the visual misalignment is obviously reduced, but when you are zoomed in and following a route in a built up area where multiple side roads are close together it can be difficult to properly interpret which road to turn down without checking the road names. On more than one occasion I have driven past the turning that I require because the satnav is showing 30+ yrds to go.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find anyone else discussing this topic and wondered if its a common quirk or whether my car might need a trip to the dealer? Either way its a bit gash really, and not a problem I've ever seen my cars before. My reference point is my BMW 1 series and it's spot on, although some of its route planning could be improved, but a least you are where it says you are.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Outside of my ongoing issues with the satnav, when it is working there seems to be a lag in the map updating the exact positioning of the vehicle. Google maps is excellent and accurate but the SEAT satnav does seem to be less accurate. I have gotten use to it but perhaps there is a way of having a higher refresh rate on the gps?? When I pass an exit on the motorway the map has me passing it several seconds later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank your for the reply, that's exactly the sort of lag I'm talking about and like you when I use Gmaps, Apple maps, waze etc its fine but i don't want to have to plug my phone in all the time. It would be good to confirmation that it is just a function of a pretty naff satnav.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts