Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Took one minute for me. As i understood, it is a automated process.
Download the app.
Register with e-mail and chosen password.
Confirm from the e-mail that iti is you
Insert VIN
Go to the car with both keys.
Register with same e-mail and pw in the car.
Press open doors on both controls one by one.
Wait one minute.

·
Registered
33 Posts
but what are the benefits/incentives of the downloading and using the SEAT app? I've always found these apps to be gimmicy. the previous VW app i had was utter bs

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to go to Seat Customer Services for help as app was not giving me up-to-date data. You have to be parked where there is a signal for data to down load from the car to Seat (white world symbol on infotainment screen) and also the Seat servers have to be up and running (surprisingly I was told on a couple of occasions they were down - would have thought they would have very high reliability). Result is I couldn't rely on the app to confirm locked status of my car - the most useful function in my view. I had to try unlocking it to test if the connection was live and of course if that worked then lock it again. Ok when parked safe on my drive but not much good when out somewhere. Data on journeys / fuel consumption etc was interesting for a short while but I quickly lost interest. In the end I felt the app wasn't worth bothering with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.