Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just taken delivery of a new Tarraco Xcellence 2.0 TDI 4Drive. Absolutely love it.

However, I was reading about Seat Connect in the owners manual and thought i'd give it a go. Problem is, after i've gone onto the website and created an account, when it took me to the page to add my vehicle I inputted my VIN, only to get the message below....

Vehicle not compatible
Your vehicle is not compatible with SEAT CONNECT as it only has the Emergency Call Service. If you want further information please contact our Customer Care or your Preferred Service Partner

I thought all Tarraco's could use Seat Connect? Do I need to do anything in the vehicle first to enable this to work? The owners manual doesn't suggest I do, so i'm really confused as to why my vehicle isn't compatible?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think I may have a 'new model year' handbook in my 'old model year' vehicle!! It's brand new on a 21 plate, but the 'old' style square Tarraco lettering on the tailgate, so last years model.

Does anyone know if its possible to retrospectively add/upgrade this option? And what am I missing by not having it ?!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can retrofit anything subject to money.

I'll let others chime in the exact differences as I don't know... I have the gen1 model, so don't have Seat Connect.

Going back to your purchase: Did you buy the car as a used car and got to touch and see it? Or did you buy the car as a brand new car from stock and didn't get to see it in the flesh, then you could claim against the dealer for mis-selling, as anyone who buys a brand new car will expect a current model specification unless they specifically told you otherwise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A bit of both. I bought it from a Seat dealer online without seeing it, as a brand new vehicle on a 21 plate, but I was aware that it was last year's model (not that the dealer told me, but I knew the old style lettering meant it wasn't the current years model).

The £11k saving off list price definitely made up for missing out on Seat Connect though !! :D

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.