Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a Tarracco excellence lux with the electric driver seat. It has the memory settings but for some reason it's lost my settings (kept the wife's!) I can't program in a new one.

It's a right pain squeezing in as seat won't move until I'm sat on it.

How does it work? How do I re set a new postion?

Thanks in advance.
MH.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
With the car running parking brake on and in neutral or P set your seat & mirrors to the desired position. Press set then press the number you wish to save the position in. Keeping it pressed until you hear a bleep. Do the same for each person (selecting a different number for each person)

To adjust the seat for each person press their number and keep it pressed until the seat & mirrors stop moving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have mine set so that when either my wife or myself unlock the car with their own individual key then when we open the door the seat moves to suit the setting for that particular user. If that does not work for you and I'm not sure why it wouldn't the alternative is to open the door and just press the appropriate button for the person using the car and the seat moves to suit. (you obviously have to have preset the buttons first as per other post. I don't have to hold the button, just pressing and letting go adjusts the seat.

Setting for Key function copied below from the manual:

To activate the memory function of the vehicle
key

Condition: a position must be memorised in
the memory.
● Open the driver-side door.
● Press and hold any memory button.
● Within three seconds of the move being
completed, push the open button 􀂐 on the
vehicle key. An audible warning confirms the
settings have been activated.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone clarify this for me.
Got the Seat programmed for me and the mrs ok 1 and 3. But i can't for the love me get it to register with the key.

Open Door press and hold 1 and then press unlock get a unlock sound and a beep the same as when programming seat memory number. But if i then put the Seat in memory position 3 and lock the car, when i unlock with the key, the Seat doesn't move. Should it also move if unlocking via door handle ?
Tested with Other Key and it doesn't move to position 3 either, after that was set the same way.

I've done a re-activate where i get a beep as well and then attempted a reset but the same results the seat doesn't move to its set position.

Its getting annoying now.

Any help with be gratefully received.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the wife's new MY21 Xcellence Lux. I have set the memory 1 for the wife and 2 for me, also have them saved against user profile. She's set as the primary user, if I jump in and change user profile to me, it will move my seat to 2 automatically. I just can't get it to programme each key, I've followed the guidance in the manual but when I open the driver door and hold either memory button and press the key, I just get the standard indicator flash, not a tone like when it's sets the memory position. I've tried with ignition off, ignition on and also engine running, no difference with any of them. 😫

·
Registered
17 Posts
BruceSEUK said:
Also, I've followed the manual to set it up so the passenger mirror dips in reverse but that's not working. Is there a knack I've missed?
Make sure you leave the mirror adjuster pointing to L passenger or it doesn't engage when you hit reverse, it annoys me as I'm OCD and would prefer to leave straight in the middle but it needs to stay on L, I knew this as my Golf GTI was exactly the same 😅

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.