Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the recommended Service and Oils intervals changes... Is there an engine run in period? I am gona read the manualayer but wondered if anyone has a different opinion.

You see I purchased the 2 Year service plan from the dealer though I have seen some guys here on the forum quoting 1500km or 5000km first service...

So far it's been a month and done just over 700km.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seat advised me to change oil first time at 1500 or max 2000km with no cost for the working hours even though this Castrol 0w-20 in Greece is like 100 euros "dealer price" for 5 litrs (Actually Tarraco fills with 4.8 Ltrs) but is not absolut as they say, it's up to the owner if he wants to do it or not.

What surprises me mostly is the 15.000 km or 365 days for an oil change!

To all my previous models (Ibiza 1.4 Mpi and Leon 1.8 Tsi) i was changing regurarly at 7.000 max 8.500 km but those had 10w-40 for ibiza and 5w-30 for Leon

Also i never had seen or knew the existence of 0W-20 oils till now , seems is a new type for new engines ACT and so on!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, totally different to what applied for my car (2 0 diesel auto 190bhp 4drive), first service and oil change at 15,000km, second at 30,000 km and third due at 45,000 km (should have occurred already but lockdown, working from home has made monthly mileage plummet), all part of three service plan included as part of purchase deal. Akso6tokd that once 45,000 is passed and service plan concluded, I can then opt for extended option which involves different lubricants but means 30,000km service intervals (no longer applicable as mileage has dramatically decreased).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called from curiosity and asked another SEAT dealer in Athens and he advised me " in a friendly way " to not follow the EVERY 15.000 km interval of Screen but change the oils every 7-8.000 max
When i asked him WHY he answered me that is always better to change the oils before they get black color that usually happening if there's that big intervals of 15k km and in general is good to keep oils fresh like in the old times.
Still not sure what to do thought :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would followed the year rule; change them every year at the very least.

Now I do not do 15k miles una year (barely 6k) so I would also hit that "change oils before they are black" recommendation

·
Registered
9 Posts
These recommendations are so strange! My 2.0 110kW diesel Tarraco just had it's first service - at 30.000km. And the next one is at 60.000 km. So strange that in other dealerships they want to go down to 7.000-8.000 km - that's 4 times as often. Sure - good business for the dealership... But does it really make a difference for the car?... Seriously doubt it :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm old school when it comes to oil changes and would stick to 10k miles or 12 months.
After all it's the blood of the engine.
My previous Honda was changed every 6k by myself and the engine ran a dream.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have just had my first service at 12 months, with 8000 miles on the clock and the dealer changed the oil and filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.