Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have message on my screen telling me I need an 'Oil Service' in 700 miles. The car odometer reads 8700 miles so there is a 600 miles discrepancy.

I spoke to the dealer who told me to ignore the message and go with the odometer reading. He also said that it is a full service and not just an oil service. at 10,000 mile. It is one of the two free services that the dealer gave when I bought the car.

He confirmed service interval is 10,000 miles.

Any observations?

·
Registered
436 Posts
these cars a set for a variable servicing, not fixed mileage. and there is a oil service and a inspection service. The car tells you when you need to go in.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Simol said:
That is a different message to what I was told by the dealer?
the dealer is trying to make more money, how many miles do you do in a year?

Check you spec with the VIN, mine says:

QI6 Service indicator: Service indicator 30 000 km or 2 years ( variable )

·
Registered
62 Posts
Driving IE registered 2.0 190 4drive auto diesel, my mandatory service intervals are every 15,000 km, circa 9300 miles. That us for first three services as part of the service pack (two minor, one major and strangely, adblue was topped up on first service gratis (done 20000km thus far in almost 5 months)). Only once I am off service pack plan (@ 45,000km) can I switch to extended service intervals every 30000km where it is always a major service and I believe a higher grade lubricant is used. I personally would never ignore a service message, a warning message or an error message that the car would indicate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.