Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am completely fed up with these shitty systems!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
If it doesn't work properly VAG shouldn't put it on the options list ready for ordering.
The sudden breaking when using lane assist and front assist is becoming a nightmare for me, I hate it!
I ORDERED Seat to change these systems to "always off" instead of always on.
When I want to use it I have to switch it on.

If that's not possible I am going to get rid of this Tarraco!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I quite like it TBO.
I'm sure you can disable lane assistance in vehicle settings

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can disable it, but the next time you start the car it's enabled again.
I want to make that choice myself, I want it allways off and choose when I want to use it.
If I would have known before what I know now I wouldn't have ordered it off course.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Its a safety feature which is why it comes on by default.
I have no problems with it.
When I first got the car I hated it but now that have got used to it I'm fine with it. It only takes a couple of seconds to switch it off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the car back yesterday.
Complete system is calibrated, several things influenced a correct calibration.
For instance a slightly different size of winter tyres.....
They changed a lot in the system, made also some mistakes so not everything is OK now but I am going to try it with the new calibration.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is there anything that can be changed using OBD Eleven to turn the setting off

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arno said:
They changed a lot in the system, made also some mistakes so not everything is OK now but I am going to try it with the new calibration.
Yesterday the car was in for the 3th time to correct the mistakes they made during calibration.
Still fucked up, now I can't turn the lane keeping system off so it is always on....
After calibration the systems works better, less emergency braking actions but still not satisfied.
To be continued.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also do not like it for the majority of my driving and also thought default should be OFF. I really did not want to have to go into the menus everytime i got in the car to turn it off. After reading the manual I found that there is a button on the end of the indicator stalk, when you press it all of the assist features can be quickly turned off (lane and front assist) so that's a lot easier and I'm now happy to do that. When on good motorways I can also quickly turn them back on using the same button and the thumb wheel on the right of the steering wheel. Hope this is useful as I was getting nervous on day 1 + 2 of ownership and now am quite happy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After re-calibration the system is now OK on motorways.
It is better in actif lane keeping Mode than it is in lane keeping mode.
In the regular lane keeping mode I get a lot more warnings "take over steering".
Next week the car is going in for the 4th time, this time to the national dealership......
They messed around in the system so much that the systems now are always on instead of always off like I wanted.....
:x :x :x
Amateurs
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Tip:
Press the left indicator stalk short and you get the assistant systems to switch things on and of.
Press the stalk long and you can switch on and off the active lane keeping system.
With active lane keeping the car stays in the middle between the lines.
In regular lane keeping mode the system only prevents nts the car from crossing a line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.