Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've had my SEAT TARRACO (1.5 tec se) for just over a month now and wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the SOS on their car?

A week after getting it the SOS warning light came on when i started it. Told dealer who looked at it and said it needed a new control unit and aerial. It went back in for a day job on it and after a couple of days bang the SOS warning light came on yet again (this time driving along the road). Phoned dealer and once again im booked in :-( this weekend as been awful as i have been using motorways to goto family down south and EVERY SOS bit on the smart motorway or even some A roads which have SOS stops all i got was bing bing bing every mile or so.

Anyone else had a problem with theirs??

Wont even mention the kangaroo jumps and stalling...... dealer thinks there is no problem :-( :-(

Any advice gratefully welcome

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sounds like an electrical gremlin, deffo something the dealer should fix under warranty, could be a faulty GPS module.

The kangaroo, needs a software update, plenty of info out there. It's a known fault the VAG have admitted to.

Change your dealer! You don't have to use the dealer you bought the car from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No issues with the SOS I've got excellence first edition same engine 1.5 dealer did update to engine and it's worst , and dealer scratched car only 4 weeks old and dealer got a 2k repair job next week, something about need to remove seals around panel and replace

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also have the same probleme with my Tarraco. In my case the SOS also brakes down now and then but in combination with the Bluetooth. Meaning whenever the SOS is red also the Bluetooth connection is lost until I restart the car. I have been 3 times until now to the mechanic with this problem and he always replaced some parts but the Problem is still there. Now we are in discussions of selling the car back to SEAT because they don't know how to fix this problem.

Did you have any luck with yours?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.