Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,

I have been having ongoing issues with my SOS on my Xcellence Lux. Everytime I switch on ignition SOS warning would appear and advise me to go to dealership. Dealership had the car in on a number of accasions and still the fault was present. The last visit to the dealership the service department had the car the whole day and changed various parts. The next day the SOS came back and the infotainment screen was stuck on the login screen. The car would drive and you could use heat, but the DAB radio, sat nav and everything else would not work. After complaining the dealership agreed to exchange my LUX for a new FR Sport. I accepted this offer and was happy. After 2 days of driving exactly the same thing has happened to this car. SOS fault present and Infotainment frozen.

I have read other posts regarding the SOS but no o me seems to have am answer. Has anyone had this problem and actually managed to find a fix????

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Hi Imclgn, try a different dealer. I used to get it occasionally. More so when apple CarPlay would crash. I brought my car back to my dealer last October to get a few things fixed. One of the jobs they also done was a software update for the SOS. No issues since. Although CarPlay is still temperamental.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new 21 plate Ateca and the same fault. It reset itself overnight the first time, but the warning message is back a week later and not resetting itself this time.
It appears that this fault is not only limited to the Tarraco.
Annoying after 9 trouble-free VW Golf driving years and especially when the SEAT dealership isn't close by.
Did they manage to get yours fixed?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi did you manage to get this sorted.im sure it must only be a software fix

Imclgn said:
Morning All,

I have been having ongoing issues with my SOS on my Xcellence Lux. Everytime I switch on ignition SOS warning would appear and advise me to go to dealership. Dealership had the car in on a number of accasions and still the fault was present. The last visit to the dealership the service department had the car the whole day and changed various parts. The next day the SOS came back and the infotainment screen was stuck on the login screen. The car would drive and you could use heat, but the DAB radio, sat nav and everything else would not work. After complaining the dealership agreed to exchange my LUX for a new FR Sport. I accepted this offer and was happy. After 2 days of driving exactly the same thing has happened to this car. SOS fault present and Infotainment frozen.

I have read other posts regarding the SOS but no o me seems to have am answer. Has anyone had this problem and actually managed to find a fix????

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys,

I am sorry to say I never found a solution. I rejected the car and got a full refund. I have now purchased a Peugeot 5008. I was generally gutted when I returned the car, as myself and my partner loved the car. A few days ago a friend contacted me, as they now too have an SOS fault showing on their Skoda kadiaq. I contacted SEAT UK customer services and finally managed to speak to a manager, who arranged with the dealership to accept the rejection. I managed to get a small amount of compensation (£100) from them as well. Hope you guys have better luck, but I dont think even SEAT know what the fault is let alone fix it ☹☹☹

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Learoy

I also have an XLux MY21 and have an ongoing issue with my SOS. I have been waiting for a replacement unit for the best part of 2 months, and I am now dealing directly with SEAT. I was advised by my dealer that the unit was faulty, but my fears of more serious issue are starting to concern me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
MACMAN said:
Hi Learoy

Mine isn't built yet so hopefully they've sorted this problem out.only getting rid of my 2year old Merc due to it having broken down 3 times.was hoping the tarraco we be more reliable

I also have an XLux MY21 and have an ongoing issue with my SOS. I have been waiting for a replacement unit for the best part of 2 months, and I am now dealing directly with SEAT. I was advised by my dealer that the unit was faulty, but my fears of more serious issue are starting to concern me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is in for the exact same reason, the deal has just tried to tell me that this is normal and is an issue with the GPS battery back up. I have informed them that this is crap and the car has an issue. Ive attached a picture of the error message. When I get this error the GPS fails and hasn't got a clue where it is and if you make a call via Bluetooth or android auto you can hear the other person but all they hear is a whistling noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@cfjwarner sorry you are having this problem. This is exactly what happened to me. Hoping all the guys on here don't have this problem with their new cars. I never got to the root of the problem, so rejected the car :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
14 Posts
We've had our MY21 Tarraco about 6 weeks and this same fault occurred yesterday for the first time.

The SOS warning appeared and the unit seemed to lose data connection (the globe symbol disappeared on the main screen). It continued to function until I stopped for petrol. When I restarted the car the whole unit was knackered and stuck on the SEAT logo. Eventually after about 20mins of driving it rebooted and came back to life.

Now seeing this thread I'm worried about how likely it is that this could happen again. Has any dealer found a proper fix? How would I tell if my MIB3 unit is on the latest software?

Our car is an early MY21 ex-demo first registered in Oct-20.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone had a fix for this fault.
I have a 1.5 tsi is it only affecting the smaller engines.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
I have had this problem since picking up the car last year.
Nothing seems to have helped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My car was booked in to Heritage Seat in Bristol tomorrow for them to look at this for the 2nd time. They've just called me to cancel the appointment because there is currently no fix for the issue and "all the brands [VW, Audi, Seat & Skoda] are working to develop a software fix. There is currently no ETA for that fix."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks @L4NG3R5

Ive taken the car back to the garage on multiple occasions. Just booked it in again.
I think it's a waste of time.
Brilliant car when it all works. But terrible as it's not what was expected.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had mine in for a 2nd time yesterday. MY19, SE TECH 2.0TDI. I was told the first time they stripped it down and checked connections to the aerial(?) and all seemed okay. Lasted 5 weeks then back. So this 2nd time I wasn't so confident again given the Guardian news on 1st May. However, yesterday I was told that there is a new software update specifically for this fault been released by SEAT and was installed and tested for 24hrs and apparently all is good. Not sure if this is true but about the software or a stalling plan, but we will see if it lasts the next couple of months! Fingers crossed...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.