Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, so please be gentle :) I've been looking around for our next Motability car and stumbled upon the impressive Tarraco. It seems I have the option of getting a Lux model, albeit with a v.high AP.

Now the question is what do you think about the standard sound system? All I know is that it has 8 speakers - lol. Can't find any specs on it, watts/channel. I'm no true audiophile per se, but I do like a system that doesn't sound like a wireless (subjective, I know)

Also, is it upgradeable and at what cost? The Seat configurator didn't give any options (was also looking for heated seats). Can this be arranged in-house with the dealer? If not, has anyone upgraded via an aftermarket fitter?

Any constructive help would be appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
445 Posts
In regards to the Audio system, I have found all VAG group cars to have a very good factory fitted sound system. I have had Mk4 golf, Mk6 Golf, B6 Passat, MK7 Golf, Alhambra 2015 and all have had factory systems which I have found more than capable. On the other hand I have had a BMW 120 coupe (2011) which I had to add tweeters to bring the sound stage forward and same on my current Mini (2017) which is also a BMW product.

The cars above have all had default factory audio and no optional factory upgraded audio.

In reply to your question, Audio in the UK is not upgradable and the LUX spec comes stadard with front and rear heated seats.

The SEAT online configurator is rubbish doesn't give you any options to choose. The only place I found an online configurator is here:

https://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/SEAT/TARRACO%20ESTATE/index.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks vib1288. Your experience of BMW stock sound has been the same as mine. Hopefully I'll be able to pop into the local Seat dealership soon and test the system in person.

I'm surprised that the Tarraco has v.few options - it looks like a great car but this could be a deal breaker for me :-(

I wonder why Seat have been so rigid on this? Do you think options will become available in the next quarter?

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's all to do with the new rules regarding the fuel economy stats. WLTP or whatever it's called. Options on a car will affect the published fuel economy, so to keep it simple, many brands now force you to buy into a preset spec or option pack (like chilli pack on a mini).

However, a xcellence lux is fully loaded from factory! I doubt there is anything you could want as an option. On my order, all I added was a pan roof, towbar pre wiring (so I can get power to my tailboard when I carry bikes) and a spare wheel.

If you actually download the pdf pricelist from the seat website, this will show you the standard specs for the different trims and the available options for said trim level.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For me the standard sounds system is enough.
Only when you play it very loud you might hear it's not a top system.
You should have the option to take the Beats Audio system.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Doesn't sound cheap or underpowered and no complaints here. If you're planning to have your window down to shake the houses around you then this won't do it.

On the other hand there are some with the upgraded beats system that are experiencing low sound output from the rear speakers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am looking at an Xcellence Lux next week on Motability. I am unable to find any information on sound system offerings in any of the sales brochures online. Is the Beats Audio only on certain models as an option?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Avoid the Beats Audio system like the plague... it is an alleged sound upgrade that is complete muck, sound quality in rear seats is hopeless. I will never get it again and dealers/Seats inability to sort it out means my next car will not be a Seat. Once bitten, ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.