Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you had looked into removing the big bit of polystyrene in the boot floor which seems to me to be a big waste of space considering all it does is house the air compressor and a tyre puncture repair kit.

My thought is to remove the polystyrene and take all these bits and pieces out and store them in a small box and have that sitting in the spare wheel space instead. The space freed up by the absence of the polystyrene could then be used to hold some additional bits and pieces instead such as an empty petrol cannister, picnic blankets and whatever.

I took a quick look last night but it appears that the polystyrene sits under a slight lip in the rear boot assembly. Has anyone else tried removing it or does the polystyrene have an additional purpose that means I shouldn't attempt this?

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
I saw it and wondered the same, it does probably a lot of sound deadening, I am looking at a spare wheel kit when SEAT bother to release one, I have already enquired and they are designing one as we speak as they are already available for other seats.
here: http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category/Spare_Wheel_Kits,b.html

I have lifted the seats 6 and 7 to see how it would fit I will have another look at some point as I have lifted it a bit and seems fairly loose

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stellamaris5 said:
I saw it and wondered the same, it does probably a lot of sound deadening, I am looking at a spare wheel kit when SEAT bother to release one, I have already enquired and they are designing one as we speak as they are already available for other seats.
here: http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category/Spare_Wheel_Kits,b.html

I have lifted the seats 6 and 7 to see how it would fit I will have another look at some point as I have lifted it a bit and seems fairly loose
The sound deadening aspect of it did occur to me but given that it would have to be removed if you stick a sparewheel in there, my thought was that if I could somehow secure a smaller box containing all of the bits and pieces to stop it rattling around and perhaps pad it out with a blanket that would be more useful.

I'm quite sure that there will be a way to remove it without destroying it and store it someplace else. I'll post an update if I get anywhere with this :D .

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't understand what you mean by 'that the polystyrene sits under a slight lip in the rear boot assembly'...which part? Where?

THe third row seats can be lifted as they are hinged at the front there is a fabric loop same like the second row seats, I guess they could be removed completely somewhow. I guess this is to get access to the spare wheel you had one, I had a really quick look so will try again at some point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stellamaris5 said:
I don't understand what you mean by 'that the polystyrene sits under a slight lip in the rear boot assembly'...which part? Where?

THe third row seats can be lifted as they are hinged at the front there is a fabric loop same like the second row seats, I guess they could be removed completely somewhow. I guess this is to get access to the spare wheel you had one, I had a really quick look so will try again at some point.
You see in my picture above, towards the bottom of the picture where the polystyrene looks like it ends it actually runs underneath the black plastic trim of the boot so that I can't just lift out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.