Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the key fob electronics fail how can the Tarraco be started. Is there somewhere I can insert the physical key? I can't see anything in the manual

·
Registered
306 Posts
Squirrel said:
Should the key fob electronics fail how can the Tarraco be started. Is there somewhere I can insert the physical key? I can't see anything in the manual
On the right-hand side of the steering column, where the key slot would normally be, is a key transponder sign.

If you place the fob against that sign the car will start even if the fob is non-operational.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Squirrel said:
There is:
Manual page 16: Essentials - unlocking
And page 241: emergency start

Had such case just a few weeks ago - about 2000 km from home. Key battery died, spare key left at hotel 350km away.
Was able to open/start a few times before I sourced battery from local shop.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Squirrel said:
OK. Thanks. Something in the fob must still be working even with a flat battery, I suppose
Indeed. Good old immobiliser.
It's rather reliable device which does not require battery to operate.

Of course it also may fail but it's not that often. It requires reprogramming the car or new key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.