Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the keyless entry system on the car, our local police are advising that we put a steering wheel lock as a deterrent as these keyless systems are supposedly very easy to bypass.

Anyone else using a steering wheel lock or use any additional security measures? Which lock do you use? We bought one of these:
But be warned, this steering wheel lock DOES NOT FIT the Tarraco:

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-security/car-security/streetwize-twin-bar-lock

The steering wheel has a hump in the middle where the horn is and despite being advertised as 'universal' this bar doesn't fit. Just thought I'd share and save someone else twenty quid. We're in the market for another one now. Was just wondering what other people had in terms od additional security.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I store my car key in a 'Defender Signal Blocker.' it's a small pouch with special liner. Prevents any would be thief from connecting with the wireless frequency from the key. Only a few quid online.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think it's silly that they bring out keyless. I would have been perfectly happy to use a normal key and not have to use a pouch like I did on my last car or do remote control and touch combo to disable it each time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.