Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I collected the car yesterday after getting the wireless charging pad replaced.
This morning in the the dark I noticed it was very dark in that area.
Am I going mad or is there supposed to be a light in there? Lighting up where the 12v & USB ports are?
Just want to be sure before I go back to the dealer.

Thanks,

Damo.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I found the same issue as you. In the end I got a USB LED that I just plugged into one of the USB sockets. It's always on with the ignition but LED's supposed to last forever (well sort of!) and draw minimal power.

If I remember, I'll take a pic.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Vib thanks for reply, I'm still convinced there was some sort of light in there before the charging pad was replaced but can't be 100 % sure 🙄. I've looked Into the area but can't see a light.

Damo.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Dutchy, that's exactly what I thought. I'll give them a call this morning. I glad I'm not going mad yet!🤣

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vib1288 said:
Mine is Gen1 so don't have the usbC ports. Definitely don't have any lighting there.
Hi Vib, mine is the Launch model with USB A ports & it did have a light in there. Does yours have the charging pad?

Damo

·
Registered
447 Posts
Damoirl said:
vib1288 said:
Mine is Gen1 so don't have the usbC ports. Definitely don't have any lighting there.
Hi Vib, mine is the Launch model with USB A ports & it did have a light in there. Does yours have the charging pad?

Damo
Mine doesnt have the charging pad.... Where does the light come from in yours?

Here is my solution:

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Vib,
very handy I was expecting to see something a bit bigger.
The light comes from around the USB ports.
I phoned the dealer yesterday & I've to drop back this afternoon.
I let you know how i get on & post a photo if successful.

Damo

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vib1288 said:
Keep me updated. Would be intrigued to see the factory solution. Definitely no light ring around my USB-A....
Hi Vib, just home from the dealer. They can't find any loose wires or evidence of a light. They even looked in other models they have in stock & they don't have a light.
So maybe I just need to go and have a lie down! 🤣
I'm still 90% sure there was something there but without evidence I can't really argue my point. Although there is that 10% chance I'm wrong. 🙃

D.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Haha... I was so looking forward to seeing the OEM light in a Gen 1 too!

Oh well, you may just have to stick in a usb light like me.
:D

Or the other option would be to source the gen 2 usb C and retrofit. Can't see it being less than £50 for the part and then Stripping apart the lower console to install it

I'll stick with my £1.50 usb light.

·
Registered
447 Posts
tic-tac-tarraco said:
I like the usb light solution..

Vib have you modified it with black insulating tape?
Very good eyesight sir!

Indeed I did, it was too bright without some sort of blocking. Tried different designs, the 2 slithers of light on the end worked the best for me.

You can get different colours too. I bought a red and a white. The red is less intrusive but just didn't match the interior colour.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good luck with waiting on any factory solution. I have two ongoing issues for over a year where the factory are looking into it (rear speakers not working properly on Beats Audio sound system and closing boot on a 7 seater using the key fob or door switch). It seems to be ignored unless it is a safety issue. Seat Customer Care department is poor (not the local dealership's fault).

·
Registered
447 Posts
Damoirl said:
I've just ordered this,
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/392979355316
It's coming from Germany not China (I think) so hopefully should have it soon.
That looks the same as what I got. Depending on your driving position, you may or may not need to put some tape over it to diffuse the light. For me, the glare was just too strong at night, which I could see from the corner of my eye.

Hope it comes quickly!

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I got the usb light yesterday & have it all setup. Like you Vib1288 Found it a bit bright so I had to cover it. I also stuck up my CarPlay2Air dongle with some velcro so it's out of the way. I had some velcro left over which is white so I stuck this over the light & it diffuses the light nicely. One thing I didn't like was the light stays on for a while after you leave the car so I used a 12v to usb adaptor & plugged it into the power plug. It swiches off when you turn off the ignition.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.