Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, tarraco 7 seats I can open the tailgate from inside with button but I cannot close it. How to code and enable it.

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not possible without a module change. It is a security feature due to the fact that with 7 seats little fingers can reach and be caught when closing manually (the struts don't have pressure sensors so won't auto open if something is lodged).

Only way to implement is source a 5 seater module (any VAG equivalent will do) and replace, the coding will already be included.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@t_v stupid question; what's the module? The key fob or and ODB11 coding for the existing fob perhaps? I'd love the activate this too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
@t_v stupid question; what's the module? The key fob or and ODB11 coding for the existing fob perhaps? I'd love the activate this too.
It is the actual control unit (chip, i.e. hardware) that slots in the CU of the car.

There are control elements that are implemented/controlled via hardware only (as in this case) and others where hardware configuration is "exposed" for control via software (all the OBD mods).

To better understand what I mean look at the OBDEleven [OBD11] Adaptations thread, specifically the Leuchte specification diagrams I have included at the bottom, you can see that e.g. the Front LED Modules (D6 and D7) are completely locked down and only hardware controlled (as opposed to the Non-LED previous versions across the Seat range), whereas the rest are (almost) fully configurable.

I say almost as e.g. I changed the rear inner lights to the "coast to coast" ones (MY21 refresh) but I can't replicate the CH/LH lightshow as the module in my car (MY2019) is the previous version that doesn't contain the necessary configurable hardware elements.

Edit: Forgot to relate to the OP's query: so in the case of the 7 seater, the actual module version is different to the 5 seater and the control for manually closing with the driver's button is not available for configuration (i.e. locked down) due to it being a security consideration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this adaptation on vcds forum but cannot find it on obdeleven

Code:
[6D - Trunk Elect.]
[Security Access - 16] - Code: 12345
[Adaptation - 10]
ADP-(1)-Activation using rear lid remote unlocking switch-Touch function for opening
ADP-(4)-Activation using rear lid remote unlocking switch-Tap function for closing
change 'not active' to 'active'

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found this adaptation on vcds forum but cannot find it on obdeleven

Code:
[6D - Trunk Elect.]
[Security Access - 16] - Code: 12345
[Adaptation - 10]
ADP-(1)-Activation using rear lid remote unlocking switch-Touch function for opening
ADP-(4)-Activation using rear lid remote unlocking switch-Tap function for closing
change 'not active' to 'active'
Adaptations are likely for the 5 seat module and that's why you won't see them ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts