Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this had been covered off elsewhere. Had my Tarraco Xcellence Lux a week now and absolutely love it. Can't for the life of me though work out where this virtual pedal is supposed to be.
I've got down on my hands and knees after hobbling about frantically waving my leg every which way without success and I can't see where the sensor would be?

Can anyone show me a picture of the sweet spot to aim for? :lol: when I've looked underneath it just looks like an empty space with nowhere that would actually pick up a wag of the foot.

It's a gimmick I know and I'll live without it but it would be handy to know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Holta

Car needs to be unlocked and keys in close proximity.

You wave your foot forwards and backwards in quick succession underneath the centre of the bumper.

I tend to either depress the button on the boot or use the key fob. However, variety is the spice of life.

Cheers

Tic Tac

·
Registered
202 Posts
holta89 said:
Apologies if this had been covered off elsewhere. Had my Tarraco Xcellence Lux a week now and absolutely love it. Can't for the life of me though work out where this virtual pedal is supposed to be.
I've got down on my hands and knees after hobbling about frantically waving my leg every which way without success and I can't see where the sensor would be?

Can anyone show me a picture of the sweet spot to aim for? :lol: when I've looked underneath it just looks like an empty space with nowhere that would actually pick up a wag of the foot.

It's a gimmick I know and I'll live without it but it would be handy to know.
My Xcellence Lux doesn't have this fitted, (69 plate). The salesman was adamant that it did to the point that he got a technician out from the workshop to look at it, but there was not anything there to look at. (he also thought that you could close the boot from the fob as well, which you can't)

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Hi Holta89,

If you stand directly behind the S on the boot lid and kick directly under the bumper you should activate the pedal. (The key has to be in close proximity) It might take one or two attempts to find the correct spot but once you figure it out you'll get it right all the time. I have to disagree with Tic Tac (sorry tic tac) regarding the car being open. I have opened mine with the car locked. But I have noticed it won't open if the ignition is turned on. You can kick it to close the boot also but it will bleep quite loudly while closing.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just to confirm you don't need the car open to activate the virtual pedal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the replies,

Just tried again after trip to shops and no joy.

From the picture does it look like anything obvious is missing? It just feels like if there was going to be a sensor it would be in that massive void. I thought the Xcellence Lux would have this as it's listed as a feature so seems strange it would be excluded.

I mean the fob button pressed down will do the job so it's no biggy, it's more to satisfy curiosity...

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
The void guys is for the retractable tow bar and very strange you can't operate the pedal.
Mine did this at 1st when we had lots of rain and put it down to the sensor being wet or dirty

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I'm just thinking here, I wonder if it needs to be activated in the car menu settings. I'll pop out & look when the rain stops

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Lux definitely should have it. The car needs to be locked. I looked before and saw nothing, but yesterday found the sensors, they are about the size of the reversing sensors and roughly a foot in from the edge. Will try to get a photo. Now set up in menu required

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Sparky, didn't even think of that, it just looked a bit strange to me and possibly where a sensor would be :?

I did notice I had to activate the folding door mirrors in the settings so it's quite possible this pedal setting is in there too. Thank you Damoirl!

Honestly, thanks so much for all the responses and offers to get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
202 Posts
:lol: I now have a vision of owners across the country standing in their driveways on one leg looking like they are doing the Hokey Cokey at the back of their car...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought this virtual pedal was a gimmick that I would never use, standard on Irish launch car. As a wheelchair user, it would be useless to me but helpful perhaps for others using the car. It now drives me round the bend! As my size 12s are always in the footrest of my chair when I am putting stuff in the open boot (stuff also includes a one year old labradoodle who can vault over a large armchair with ease but refuses to jump in the boot so has to be lifted in), it starts the blessed boot to close again. Also, if car is locked and I wheel past rear (with keys in my pocket as they often are), the boot opens. It is like it senses my frustration and decides it would be fun to add to it. Anybody know if there is an option to disable it (no pun intended) from the menu options?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Now I'm confused. I did the Hokey Cokey thing at the back of car and lo and behold it opened!

In my excitement I called Mrs McSimmo out to show how it works and guess what, yup it wont do it now. I've tried left to right, right to left, back to front and nope.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.