Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving on straight sections of motorways I am asked to 'Take over the Steering.' Are the sensors in the steering wheel or is it because the car thinks no one is steering the car because the wheel hasn't moved? Can I turn it off?

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is lane assist, you either move the wheel every 20 or so seconds or hold it again quite firmly at the 10 to 2 PM position for a couple of seconds. If you don't it will do a quick dab of the breaks and then an emergency stop, quite scary so be careful!

Yes you can turn it of if you press the button at the end of the indicator stalk it will come up with a menu in the dashboard, click OK on the steering wheel to turn it off.
You can also disable active lane guidance separately(to keep you centered in the middle of the lane) from the infotainment screen. If you do that lane assist is still active but it will only warn you when you cross the line and not intervene.
Remember this is only an assistance system and not self driving , you need to be in control of the car at all times ans things can go wrong.

As lane assist only recognises white lines it is advised to turn it off around roadworks etc or contraflow sections, that why it's on the steering wheel so you can do it quickly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's an excellent summary which makes more sense than the handbook!
I didn't realise that the adaptive lane guidance switches off automatically when you take lane assist off on the indicator stalk button/steering wheel thumbwheel. It took me a while to realise that you can only put it back on via the main screen menu.
It can be useful but like you I prefer not to have it in roadworks, or on small twisty country roads, though I think it's quite useful on motorways, working alongside the ACC.

·
Registered
174 Posts
stellamaris5 said:
This is lane assist, you either move the wheel every 20 or so seconds or hold it again quite firmly at the 10 to 2 PM position for a couple of seconds. If you don't it will do a quick dab of the breaks and then an emergency stop, quite scary so be careful!

Yes you can turn it of if you press the button at the end of the indicator stalk it will come up with a menu in the dashboard, click OK on the steering wheel to turn it off.
You can also disable active lane guidance separately(to keep you centered in the middle of the lane) from the infotainment screen. If you do that lane assist is still active but it will only warn you when you cross the line and not intervene.
Remember this is only an assistance system and not self driving , you need to be in control of the car at all times ans things can go wrong.

As lane assist only recognises white lines it is advised to turn it off around roadworks etc or contraflow sections, that why it's on the steering wheel so you can do it quickly.
Hey Stellamaris,

So am I right to say 'active' lane assist on it's own only displays a message on the dash. Combine it with 'adaptive lane guidance' it then gives the car control of the wheel and brakes if it thinks you've nodded off.

How about adaptive lane guidance without active lane assist? Is there even such a combo.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
SizzlingPotato said:
stellamaris5 said:

Hey Stellamaris,

So am I right to say 'active' lane assist on it's own only displays a message on the dash. Combine it with 'adaptive lane guidance' it then gives the car control of the wheel and brakes if it thinks you've nodded off.

How about adaptive lane guidance without active lane assist? Is there even such a combo.
Haven't tried but I don't think you can activate adaptive lane guidance without lane assist active.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts