Seat Tarraco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
moali said:
Manged to get the dynamic turn signal last year from aliexpress . They work great with just ignition on but as soon as you turn the engine on the light doesn't complete the sequence and flashes randomly so removed. Not sure if it's faulty or not compatible with our car. Tried to upload a video with them installed but it doesn't let me. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005002309294531.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.6e8ac9c0iEtP1t&browser_id=b189eb70edf94ef88947724f787fe11b&aff_trace_key=7ede40b9fafb4687ada8a83afe991caf-1616717209265-03110-YZbAqB2&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=1787383bfdec7a2511766122d8829e847b51c40e2d&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FH896b8bc6dd534b9087b23a7235e05eeel.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp
Shame as I bet they looked awesome

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Gradually getting ready for the spring/summer driving season (which if the gov cancels foreign hols, is going to be a long one).

I finally decided (the hot weather did help) to install the sun shades as the one thing the kids dislike with a vengeance are long drives with the sun baking them at the back (they don't give a damn about us at the front as long as they are comfortable).

I bought the Car Shades Seat Tarraco Full Rear Set for a pittance (£47) from Amazon back in January (always buy summer driving accessories in the winter and vice versa, it was snowing outside when I bought them :)).

They fit perfectly and were surprisingly easy to put up (and remove if needs be). They come with a handy bag that can be easily stored somewhere safe ready for removal.

I am quite satisfied with the ROI on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
Seat Tarraco 1.5 TSI Xcellence
7 Posts
I'm considering the car shades for my Tarraco.
Do you also have pictures of the outside of your car with the shades mounted? I am especially curious about the seam on the rear window.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
beenma said:
I'm considering the car shades for my Tarraco.
Do you also have pictures of the outside of your car with the shades mounted? I am especially curious about the seam on the rear window.
Not much to see frankly, combined with the tinted windows there is enhanced privacy and on a bright day like today only reflections are visible, photos below:

Cloud Window Sky Car Hood
Window Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive exterior Shade
Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack Window Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
t_v said:
Hi all,

I am going to remove the OEM (SEAT Lettering) Rubber Floor Mats (Front and Second Row) 575061500A 041 from the compatible Accessories list as I received them today and they are evidently not fit for purpose.

The rears are too short/small and the fronts don't cover the entire space, with the driver's side overlapping the plastic border at the top RHS.

See also the image where I have the rubber rear superimposed over the OEM velour rear to see how far off they are. Also, how the fronts are simply not sized correctly.

These might be OK for the Ateca but I can't see how SEAT can advertise them as being fit for the Tarraco.
Seat Motor Parts (not affiliated, they just had the best price) were kind enough to replace FOC the not fit for purpose 575061500A 041 rubber mats with the 5FK061500B 041 OEM Tarraco specific Rubber Floor Mats.

As you can see these are indeed the correct ones and fit as they should, very pleased.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Plant Personal luxury car
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Car seat cover Fixture Vehicle door

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is it just me? Trying to buy the battery cover for MY21 model Xcellence Lux I have just ordered. But every time I try to get onto Aliexpress link to order I either get a blank screen, or unable to place an order if I get further than blank screen. Is there one available from IK seller I may have more luck ordering from?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Not exactly an accessory (more like a mod) but negates the need to buy any of the rechargeable magnetic mounted LED lights and is much neater (don't judge by the initial photos, I intend to tidy the installation up :)).

Although the rechargeable LED lights provide a lot of luminance, they tend to turn on when it is bumpy and sometimes fall off their magnetic strip mount unless using industrial strength 3m two sided tape.

I have decided to add a second LED boot light on the other side of the car using these two parts: x2 Saborway LED Footwell Light foot Lamp with Cable Wire harness and LED Luggage Compartment Trunk Boot Light

Daisy chained the two cables (you will need two as one is not long enough) and passed them through the left plastic grill, below the spare wheel foam insert and up the right hand side grill to the gap where the optional (for VW and Skoda) Magnetic Rechargeable LED light is housed (more on that later).

The LED unit slots in perfectly width wise but leaves a small gap at the bottom and a bigger one at the top, I am using a bit of cardboard currently to plug the gap and intend to find a more permanent solution when I have more time. I am also going to use some spare velcro to tidy up the cable either side with a view of routing it behind the trim pieces if there is a way (if anyone tries it and manages to find a neater route please share).

The neatest solution would be to install the following x3 VW parts:
3T0 947 509 9B9 Dock
5L6 867 559 82V Frame Case
3T0 947 417 B 9B9 Magnetic Rechargeable LED battery unit

However: a) they are expensive (£135! altogether) and non returnable (as they are special order for a SEAT) and b) VW/Skoda owners are reporting that although the LED unit is supposed to work as a secondary boot light (as well as a removable rechargeable mini flashlight) it doesn't.

So in my mind, spending £135 is too much to risk for something that might or might not work.

Initial installation photos below:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
If anyone is after some sunshades for the back windows (and boot window), the Car Shades sunshades listed at the top of this thread are now ~£45 on Amazon instead of £87 from the manufacturer.

Amazon Link: (3 left in stock at time of posting)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ClimAir-SEA-TARR-5-Shades-Tarraco-Black/dp/B0828DTSTM

• Just fitted these to our car, and they fit really well, and still allow the back windows to operate.
  • The boot lid window comes in 2 panels so you do get a vertical bar on the window. Time will tell whether I like this or not.
  • A large storage bag is included to keep them clean and undamaged if you aren't using them.
  • These were very quick to fit, and even though the included instruction photos were too dark to be of any use, it was straightforward to work out how things fit.
  • The rear door windows feel as though they don't/won't fit, but they are set back slightly from the glass to allow normal operation.

(Edit: I spotted some other posts about this price after re-reading the full thread - the price seems to fluctuate)

JD

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
t_v said:
Not exactly an accessory (more like a mod) but negates the need to buy any of the rechargeable magnetic mounted LED lights and is much neater (don't judge by the initial photos, I intend to tidy the installation up :))...
A bit of industrial strength 3m double sided tape, spare velcro and a bit better routing and result! I haven't still managed to do anything with the surround of the new light but frankly the cardboard works just fine.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Fixture Automotive design

Computer keyboard Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I hadn't realised the importance of a Dash Cam until one of my acquaintances "rear ended" a couple of lads that were up to no good and nearly had to write off his X5.

I decided on the Nextbase 622GW because a) it is sold and supported by SEAT (with SEAT part nos and everything :)) and b) I got a killer deal on Prime Day: £210 for the Front/Rear/SD Card combo with £14.95 extra for the Hardwire Kit.

£75 lighter later (I could do it myself but I am lazy and the guy did it in a tenth of the time I would do it, on my drive, same day callout and frankly more cleanly and professionaly) and I am the proud owner of a working system. I even managed to make the custom sun shades work with the rear cam (see photo).
Car Mirror Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Hood Mesh Fixture Grille Grey

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
t_v said:
OEM Boot Cover 7-seat compatible 5FJ061201E
Semi-rigid inlay (7 seat)

Luggage/Dog Guard
ErgoTech Mesh Dog Guard
Hi all, new to the Tarraco group and hoping to take delivery of one by the end of the month, looking for a little help though! With reference to the above, has anyone used either of these, I notice on the Seat website the 7 seat boot cover states 'Does not apply to Tarraco FR' - as we are taking delivery of an FR Sport I wonder if this is something I need to avoid - and if so why? My inquiries with the dealer have left me less than convinced with the answers.

I'm also interested in a Luggage guard - has anyone fitted the above, and if so how have you found it- is it easy to remove and can it be stored in the car if the 7 seats are then needed or would it need to be left behind somewhere?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Vohnj said:
t_v said:
OEM Boot Cover 7-seat compatible 5FJ061201E
Semi-rigid inlay (7 seat)

Luggage/Dog Guard
ErgoTech Mesh Dog Guard
Hi all, new to the Tarraco group and hoping to take delivery of one by the end of the month, looking for a little help though! With reference to the above, has anyone used either of these, I notice on the Seat website the 7 seat boot cover states 'Does not apply to Tarraco FR' - as we are taking delivery of an FR Sport I wonder if this is something I need to avoid - and if so why? My inquiries with the dealer have left me less than convinced with the answers.

I'm also interested in a Luggage guard - has anyone fitted the above, and if so how have you found it- is it easy to remove and can it be stored in the car if the 7 seats are then needed or would it need to be left behind somewhere?

Many thanks!
I use the specific luggage guard and have fitted it with no problems.

I only use it when the car is fully laden (long trips usually) hence why I opted for the specific model as it can be put in and out very quickly (only attaches to the headrests).

The OEM SEAT one is a more permanent solution that doesn't match my needs as it is obviously targeted towards dog owners and is designed to remain in place.

Can't comment on the Boot Cover for the FR, I have it in a SE Tech (the pics in the thread are from my car) but I can't see why it wouldn't fit.

One idea is to take the car to a dealer that stocks it and try it before purchasing.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts