Seat Tarraco Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Not an accesory exactly, more like a mod but really worth it (thanks to Kieran from East Yorkshire Retrofits).

It is the only thing missing IMHO from the SE Tech trim (even from the FR (Sport) what's that all about?) as it is a big car.
Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Screenshot Gas Electronic device Sports equipment Grass

Rectangle Gas Font Electronic device Display device

Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Trunk Electronic device

Plant Television set Grass Wood Chair

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Planning for my Xmas trip to the Highlands and as winter wheels are overkill decided to carry a pair of decent snow chains, the König K-Summit XL K55.

These will fit all OEM wheel variations of the Tarraco (215/65/R17, 235/55/R18, 235/50/R19, 235/45 R20).

Expensive but they are auto-tensioning (1-stop fit) and you don't need to worry about internal wheel clearance as they are fully external.

Will update the post when I use them with some decent on the field photos.
Musical instrument Luggage and bags Musical instrument accessory Bag Auto part

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
My Carlinkit 2.0 Wired CarPlay to Wireless adapter gave up the ghost yesterday and narrowly managed to get a replacement in time for Xmas, what I didn't know is that they have now upgraded to v3 of the device which is much much better: Carlinkit 3.0 Wired CarPlay to Wireless.

Startup is far quicker (down to 10-15 seconds from around 25-30 in v2.0) and everything is far zappier, the interface is also much improved and very professional, in all a nice present to self.

This guy says it better than I could :).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Finally got around to upgrading the sound system, it has been a tad underwhelming especially at high volumes (although much better than other OEM offerings, Ford I am looking at you :)).

The upgrade is a Seat Sound retrofit kit and it sounds fantastic, the bass is now insane (to my old ears at least).

Grille Hood Automotive design Bumper Grey
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber
Gas Grille Font Auto part Rectangle

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
No I meant the OEM one. Looks a bit of a pain especially with the wiring.
It is a PITA, the wiring isn't the issue but the new central console with the necessary cutout (unless you want to DIY it which I strongly discourage).

The Connects2 can be hardwired to the board so no visible cables, I have it mounted on the side of the passenger footwell, works really well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Shamelessly picked from here, I have installed new rear footwell lights.

The brackets are very flimsy (the eagleyed will see in the photo that the border has snapped at the bottom), even minimal force causes them to bend/snap so be very careful with handling.

Also, ensure the shortest path is selected as the cables are merely adequate length wise.

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Bumper

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
How easy was it to get mirror cover off ?
@vib1288 had an image of the assembly in the mod thread but it is gone after the migration. There are two latches but the whole thing needs a decent trim removal tool to pry off at the back (the one included with the indicators is pants).

I won't lie to you, it is a bit of a PITA the whole thing and I broke the left mirror glass while doing it (make sure you apply pressure to the middle not the sides when refitting).

·
Registered
34 Posts
How easy was it to get mirror cover off ?
See the attached document which is for a VW Tiguan. The Tarraco has the same wing mirrors.
See page 400 onwards.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you lever the mirror glass from the bottom. Tilt the glass all the way up towards the sky. Then the tool should enough room to slip in from the bottom, say 6 O clock position. This is the part of the mirror with the least glass and least chance of breaking.

With the cover, you can push it off from the inside. However, it will ping off so be ready to catch it! Proper way is the release the plastic tabs and slowly work around, levering off the cover.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts