Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi iam new here, not yet a tarraco owner but i come in peace.
Iam looking at a Tarraco as my next car, not had a test drive yet as its over 100 miles away from me in a garage in Dundee. Now its the 1.5 petrol seTech iam looking at, its 6 months old done 6000miles, Does anyone own this engine and trim spec. how are they to drive, what are the like on the motorway? It will be travelling with 2 adults and 3 kid and at times cases or another 2 adults or kids, dont want a gutless beast. Also one more thing i will be getting this on a PCP deal 8000p/a millage for 4 years, no deposit but got £300 towards the deal, left over by the time my current cars PCP deals settled for £322 per month, also includes a service plan and 6 months RFL. What are your thaughts on the deal or for anyone who has PCP, is this around about a good deal. Now iam going from a vauxhall insigni 1.5t petrol 2017 plate which is good on the motorways fed up with the rattles from the interior, always had vauxhall but want a change, or need rather to many rattles.

Thanks folks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello. I have the 2.0 petrol so I while I can't give you first hand experience i am sure others will chip in. There are many on this forum with the 1.5 petrol who have been trying to get the known kangaroo/loss of power problem fixed. There's been a recall by the VAG group. So you should be careful with the 1.5 and if you really want it you should at least give it a good long test drive, see the power delivery from standstill, 1st and 2nd gear. Make sure the fix is applied and that the fix has actually cured the issue.

·
Registered
118 Posts
1.5 excellence owner and it's fine for me power wise mix of A&B roads on a 25 mile commute.
Also found no issue doing 100 mile round trips to ikea with 2 adults 2 kids
Went to buy the 2.0 but settled for 1.5 after test driving both couldn't really notice the 1second or so 0-60 difference plus it's a chunk more economical 36-42mpg on my commute and mid 40s on motorway

There's some good deals out there his one is basically new https://usedcars.seat.co.uk/en/used-cars/seat/tarraco/15-tsi-evo-150ps-xcellence-lux-ss-suv-k5b4wyn

·
Registered
52 Posts
Surely the vast majority of trips are 'Daily Driving'. How often do folks do a road trip with full passengers, bags, roof box and bikes?
I do about 11K miles a year, roughly 1K of which is towing a caravan. I buy my vehicles to be tailored to my 10K miles and accept that for towing they may be a bit of a compromise.
Horses for courses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So picked it up yesterday, had a test drive before i settled and signed the docs.

Comfy and plenty of space inside love how quiet it is even on the motorway.
The kids and the wife have said how comfy the seats are.
I was worried it would be under powered, but no. Does what i want from it.
As for the kangerooing, i think it may be a human error causing it not giving it enough power and going into 2nd gear to early, it happed tonight. I may be wrong, but iam loving it the drive and height.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.