Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice rims?
These are the most hideous ones I have ever seen....
:evil:

It looks like the strip between the tail lights are actually lid this time.
:p

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought the FR would look a lot more stylish, and that I might regret not waiting for it....worry over...not too much to see. The Hybrid element is interesting so would like to see the pricing on this when it arrives.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Press Statement

The exterior design has been enhanced, with wider wheel arches, a sporty rear spoiler and FR-specific 19" alloy wheels, with an option to have machined 20" wheels available. As well as these changes, at the front, the FR grille proudly houses the SEAT badge; at the back, the coast-to-coast rear light highlights the FR look and the all-body painted exterior emphasises its dynamism. The sportier expression of the Tarraco FR is its name, now embossed in handwriting.
https://www.seat-mediacenter.com/newspage/allnews/modelrange/2019/SEAT-Tarraco-FR-PHEV-Technology-sportiness-and-efficiency.html
Other things not mentioned exterior
1. new Fog light surround cover
2. looks like a dark grey window and side trim instead of chrome
3. also roof rail color is darker
4. different lower rear bumper section and faker fake exhaust look
5. plastic lower side molding is gone.

Also note changed in the interior,
1. new 9.2" screen (no volume knobs :roll:)
2. new climate control buttons
3. sports foot pedal
4. sport steering wheel
5. bucket seats

It's not said if this is a 7 seater or not, it doesn't seem to be possible to build a 7 seat hybrid yet because the battery and motor always takes up the space but this picture seems to be vaguely showing the 3rd row.

Wondering if ride height have been reduced as well maybe by 20mm, it looks a bit lower than standard tarraco, personally I'm loving the new 20" wheels look.

Standard

Here's a tarraco that has been lowered by about 35mm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Leprechaun said:
I thought the FR would look a lot more stylish, and that I might regret not waiting for it....worry over...not too much to see. The Hybrid element is interesting so would like to see the pricing on this when it arrives.
I was worried about that too, seems I was right to be, It looks a lot sharper than the current Tarraco. Still I bet the FR will come with a high price tag that would have kept it out of my reach anyway.

As I suspected they would, Seat have changed the ugly rear bumper, that alone was worth waiting for. Can't say I was expecting a new steering wheel but it's a nice addition, not too worried about not having that though.

I just hope they make the rear spoiler available as an upgrade on all tarraco models and give us a similarly redesigned rear bumper as an optional accessory like they did with the Ateca and I will be happy, those are my two only gripes with the current Xcellence Lux model.

Not bothered about a plug in, too much faffing around for my liking, a petrol that works better than the 1.5tsi would be a better option imho.

As for the rear light strip I suspect it will still just be a reflector, these are Photoshop images as opposed to actual photos after all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As I suspected looks like it's a 5 seater version only so that's a deal breaker for me,

on top of that the new front seat removes the 2nd row food tray,

But I really love the new alloys though with brembo brakes, looks amazing to me.

·
Registered
436 Posts
dugw said:
As I suspected looks like it's a 5 seater version only so that's a deal breaker for me,

on top of that the new front seat removes the 2nd row food tray,

But I really love the new alloys though with brembo brakes, looks amazing to me.
Works for us as we don't need 7 seats but a bigger boot and my wife is not a fan of the picnic trays:) win win

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.