Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, it looks like the pre-production Tarraco has started a UK "Grand Tour" just like the Ateca did back in 2016. Nothing from my local dealers but here it is at D.M.Keith in sunny Grimsby.

<FACEBOOK id="2266089460274064" url="https://www.facebook.com/1471545573061794/posts/2266089460274064/">https://www.facebook.com/1471545573061794/posts/2266089460274064/</FACEBOOK>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brochures and pricing now on the SEAT UK website, though no 2.0 TSI yet. They also seem to have gone down the Kia route of different trim levels but very few options (basically towbar and sunroof) - in complete contrast to the Kodiaq.

·
Registered
436 Posts
HI there, I have placed a reservation deposit yesterday to secure the 0% PCP! Just waiting on a demo model to test drive and then will either order or refund! Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
stellamaris5 said:
HI there, I have placed a reservation deposit yesterday to secure the 0% PCP! Just waiting on a demo model to test drive and then will either order or refund! Looking forward to it.
Hi,
You'll have to let us know what you think! Any idea when the demo models arrive?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Rob said:
stellamaris5 said:
Hi,
You'll have to let us know what you think! Any idea when the demo models arrive?
viewing 22.02 and demo a week or two later!!

What do you think of the dark camouflage?

·
Registered
436 Posts
MarkB said:
Brochures and pricing now on the SEAT UK website, though no 2.0 TSI yet. They also seem to have gone down the Kia route of different trim levels but very few options (basically towbar and sunroof) - in complete contrast to the Kodiaq.

Currently own 2013 Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2.2d plus wife's Ateca 190 TDI Excellence. Long-term looking for large SUV - Tarraco/Disco Sport/XC60/Kodiaq/F-Pace on shortlist.
Your shortlist was the same as mine, I tried all of them. XC60 too small for us, specially rear legroom, Disco Sport too expensive for what it is and read a lot about huge reliability problems, F-Pace not really looked at but appeared too expensive as well for what you get. Amlost bought Kodiaq until Tarraco came and sepc for spec this is about 2/3 K cheaper than the Kodiaq for essentially the same car so order for Tarraco placed on 0% APR - no brainer.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
stellamaris5 said:
Rob said:
stellamaris5 said:
Hi,
viewing 22.02 and demo a week or two later!!

What do you think of the dark camouflage?
From the videos I've seen I really like it. Not seen it in person but looks to be grey with a hint of blue in it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The dark camouflage is a really nice colour and gives a good contrasting effect to make the body lines, chrome and rear lights stand out. Having seen it in the flesh, I would say it looks like a darker green colour. It can look deceptive in some pictures based on the amount of light hitting it....best to view it in person and decide. I decided against ordering this colour and opted for Indium Grey as I knew this would stand the test of time and there would be no potential regrets.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Leprechaun said:
The dark camouflage is a really nice colour and gives a good contrasting effect to make the body lines, chrome and rear lights stand out. Having seen it in the flesh, I would say it looks like a darker green colour. It can look deceptive in some pictures based on the amount of light hitting it....best to view it in person and decide. I decided against ordering this colour and opted for Indium Grey as I knew this would stand the test of time and there would be no potential regrets.
I ordered Dark Camouflage , hopefully won't regret it as I've not seen it in person. Deal is expecting test drives 22.02 not sure what colour they will have

·
Registered
436 Posts
The dealer has received the build week 12, which I presume means 3rd week of March. Not sure how long it takes from then.

Also confirmed launch weekend 22.02 so will take a look then

·
Registered
47 Posts
Delivery usually takes about 3 weeks after the vehicle is built. It is very much dependent on how long it sits in the docks in the port though. I'd say these will ship from Emden in North Germany as that is where the Volkswagen and Audi cars go from. I had a car that was only sitting in the port for about three days and got straight on to a ship, whereas a friend had one sitting for four weeks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What are people's opinion on the panoramic roof? It is not on the standard spec so I hadn't ordered it initially, but the wife now tells me that she thinks we should have added it on. It is pricey but thinking she may be right....🤔

·
Registered
436 Posts
Leprechaun said:
What are people's opinion on the panoramic roof? It is not on the standard spec so I hadn't ordered it initially, but the wife now tells me that she thinks we should have added it on. It is pricey but thinking she may be right....🤔
Same here, wife wanted the sunroof but haven't ordered it. Can't justify the extra cost.
I like them in principle but I think they add a lot of weight on top, can leak if not maintained etc so overall I guess it's better not to have them

·
Registered
436 Posts
We had an interesting day test driving the Tarraco on Saturday through London and a bit of M4 for about 3 hours. It was a 190 TsI 4drive DSG excellence. Not the engine and gear box I ordered but gave me a fair impression of the car.
It's a good car but not amazing but that's to be expected at that price point. First impression was it is Not as big a I imagined from the pictures. The 3rd row really is just for children. The car is same width as the Ateca just a bit longer. The boot is shallower but longer than the Ateca.
Wind Noise insulation is good both in town and motorway but on the 20 inch rims the road noise is there. It's not softly sprung like the Kodiaq. Steering is quite direct. One turn of the wheel in either direction for full lock.
The tech however is flawless. The LED lights and bulbs everywhere are great. Interior ambient lighting is plush.
Seats could be more comfy. Somehow I couldn't get fully relaxed. Will need to work out a good driving position.
Any other questions please let me know and I will try to answer

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.