Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know or had a car delayed at Port for a quality control issue, SEAT are unable to find out what it is, the car was due here 4 weeks ago into UK but is still at German Port being held.
Spec is
2.0TSI DSG Excellence Lux
Pano Roof

The dealer says the car has not been damaged but suspects a roof problem.

If anybody has had a car delayed on a quality issue please comment.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I doubt they will QC a car at the port of loading.

It will have been QC at the end of the production line and then shipped to the country that ordered it.

The next QC would be the PDI at the supplying dealer.

My car is identical to yours and I picked it up on the 1st March. I ordered just before xmas and had confirmation in late Jan that it would arrive sometime to the dealer in Feb. It then actually arrived to the dealer around mid feb.

If it is at the port and not loaded, I'm suspecting physical damage has occured to your car rather than a QC issue.

I don't think Covicd19 was affecting the German logistics a month ago.

Easiest way to find out if the dealer is pulling a fast one, they will have the VIN# of the car at the port. If they don't supply one, then it looks like they are trying to replace the car with another one. They will have had the VIN# as soon as it went into build.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I am suspicious as well, dealer said that Seat not providing info for reason until Monday at the earliest, apparently a batch of cars have been stopped at German Port re quality control, all I could find on Tiguan Forum was some diesel version stopped for fuel pipe but mine is a petrol

·
Registered
423 Posts
With the current lockdown (as good as) picking up your car is going to be difficult anyway but did you get any answer from the dealer about the car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last update was on Monday and the car was still lost, I asked them to order me a fresh car and request SEAT UK to compensate the £750 road tax increase from 1/4/2020.
Heard nothing back and now the dealership is closed down indefinitely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you need a new dealer then I am happy to recommend JCB Seat in Crawley as have found them really good to deal with.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think the main issue now is the fact that CYB2007 will be out of pocket by £750 wherever he buys the Tarraco from due to Road Taxing rule change.

Only scenario that wouldn't mean the above, is that if the originally supplying dealer was tight with the discount and the next dealer gave him more, enough to cover the £750 road tax change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts