Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, 20" wheels. Road noise is louder than my old Kodiaq, but that had 19" wheels. When I picked up the car, the tyres where set at 42 psi, which is over the eco setting of 38psi. I've got mine set at comfort, 33psi, this has reduced the noise a bit. The Excellence Lux should have a more comfort set up and hopefully less noise.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Doesnt the excellent lux have 235/45/20 and the fr have 255/40/20.
How harsh is the ride as I'm sure they both run on comfort suspension but the tarraco has 20mm less road clearance so in theory 20mm less suspension travel tighter sprung.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ride isn't harsh or uncomfortable, just noisy, learoy. It is quieter now I've reduced the tyre pressures and hopefully as things bed in it'll get better. Happy with the car overall.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The current car I have at present runs on 20s mercedes glc and that isn't quiet especially on the concrete surface of the m180 that I travel every week to work so hopefully no worse than that

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from a 120 miles trip, all motorway, and have to say the noise is quieting down, it wasn't to noticeable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
markymate said:
Yep, 20" wheels. Road noise is louder than my old Kodiaq, but that had 19" wheels. When I picked up the car, the tyres where set at 42 psi, which is over the eco setting of 38psi. I've got mine set at comfort, 33psi, this has reduced the noise a bit. The Excellence Lux should have a more comfort set up and hopefully less noise.
How will that impact road holding and tyre wear? I don't pay for tyres on my lease, but road holding could be an issue?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've found the ride much better now the pressure has been reduced to 33 PSI. More rubber on the road makes for better road holding in my opinion. When they were at 38 PSI the car felt bouncy and a bit skitty. I much prefer the more assured drive over economy, but that's only my preference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That actually looks really nice. I'm surprised.
Even my wife said it does and she has always said only Ferraris should be red!

Good info on the tyre pressures Vs ride.
Will check it when hers arrives.

My 500 SL is at 36psi all round which makes road noise a little lower but over bumps it doesn't make much difference as it weighs 2103kg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.