Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering. Is it just in my household where my car is mint condition one day and every day that I drive it but each time my other half takes it out it picks up new battle scars.

I can't be alone. Who's the unluckiest? I'll start:

Incident 1: Wheel got kerbed
Incident 2: Another wheel got kerbed
Incident 3: Bumper scuffed which could have been a third party while parked ... or not 馃
Incident 4: Third wheel got kerbed. Waiting to see how long before my last pristine wheel gets it.

I suppose once it's all battered I'll stop counting. But before then it hurts to see it get beaten up.

Registered
Not with this car but with one before. I had my own car and we shared a BMW120d coupe as my second car and her car when she needed it. Had it for 40months, in which she must have done a grand total of 800miles in that period (she only drives at the weekend to go shopping, girls nights out etc) out of a total of 10k miles during the period of ownership.

I done 9k of those miles and I didn't damage the car at all, not even a stone chip.

Her:

Caught the Carbon fibre front spoiler coming out of a multi storey spiral down ramp- Result Scratched
Grounded the car at her friends house- Result dented chassis rail luckily couldn't be seen from outside
Had a empty cable reel fly up at her on A12 - Result, dented the bonnet
Dropped the filler pump nozzle at the petrol station- result, scratch on the 1/4 panel

She's not a bad driver and we agreed the car was just unlucky for her. So we decided to get rid of the BMW and got her a Kia Soul. We owned that for 3 years and in that period, not one bloody mark on it and she had driven it 3k miles.

Now she drives a mini and in the past 3years only a small scuff on the wheel which we both argue over who done it. :D

Go Figure..... :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like the look of the 1 series coupe. Always wanted one but was always too sensible and only bought cars with 4 doors if I only wanted to keep 1 car. Hope it wasn't 40 months old from new 馃槵? You'll have to teach me some techniques to keep smiling when your wife brings you such news 馃槃

Registered
The BMW was indeed from new.... The Kia Soul that we changed to wasn't as we wanted something older that we could park in tight spaces and get door dings and not be bothered about but as you know already, nothing got damaged!

Technique to keep smiling?

It's not worth the hassle to bring it up.... Happy wife equals Happy Life. :mrgreen:

Registered
Had my Accord k24 for nearly 10 years and no scrapes at all in mint condition.
Wife had a brand new Renault Twingo and every wheel kerb within 2 months 馃槅

Registered
I can beat that. My dad borrowed my EK4 when it was new, full Mugen Aero and 17" Enkeis. Did like 5 miles to the shops. Came back with 2 kerbed wheels....

Registered
On my old car I have the self stick wheel protection that was great until I had my tyres replaced and lost half of it.
There a pain to get the sticky glue off after so not going to bother with this car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sparky13 said:
On my old car I have the self stick wheel protection that was great until I had my tyres replaced and lost half of it.
There a pain to get the sticky glue off after so not going to bother with this car.
That's dedication 馃挭. Were they transparent or do you end up with funky racing neon coloured stickers around the rim? 馃 Not that I'd do it either.

Registered
SizzlingPotato said:
Sparky13 said:
That's dedication 馃挭. Were they transparent or do you end up with funky racing neon coloured stickers around the rim? 馃 Not that I'd do it either.
No just black as looked part of the tyres.
I hate those coloured ones so chavey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.