Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Hoping to place an order for a Tarraco tomorrow.

Speccing the optional panoramic roof and space saver wheel but just wondering what the 'tow bar prep' consists of?

Is it a wiring loom change? Does it include an access panel for the bar in the rear bumper. Does it include any kind of engine bay cooling upgrade from the factory?

Thank in advance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You are specc'ing exactly the same as me. I'm none the wiser either to what the Tow Bar Prep consists of either and I've had mine since March!

I think it's all to do with wiring, there is no physical cut out panels or such in the bumper. Can't comment about the cooling either. The main reason for me ordering the tow bar prep was so that if I wanted to install a tow bar i the future, I hope the wiring will be easier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had tow bar prep on my previous car, a Leon ST.
When the time came to have my tow bar fitted, not a Seat bar but a Witter, I only needed to buy a 13 pin lead from the dealer and it plugged directly into the module in the boot which had been pre installed. Everything worked from the off and no coding was necessary.
Having said that, when I bought my Tarraco it was already built so I couldn't order the pre wiring. I just had a detachable bar fitted by Hedleys of Durham who had fitted the bar to my Leon...no problem, perfectly straightforward for them with no pre wiring.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you have the extra cash available or credit, go for the tow bar prep with hook, and they will install the electric folding tow bar. Operate it from the boot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it fully electric on the Tarraco or does it just appear from behind the bumper and you have to move it up into place by hand? thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not fully electric you need to pull up the last bit by hand

·
Registered
199 Posts
^ What Sparky13 said.

Switch in the load area will activate the tow ball release and it swings down. Simply lock it in place with a pull. You will hear and feel the locking taking place. To release the tow ball simply use the switch will unlocks the ball from the lock and you swing it away by hand until you hear it lock up out of sight.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Have anyone had problems with a rusty ball.
With a tow ball cover the tow bar sits upside down and water gets onto the ball.
I might try cling film to seal the ball

1 - 10 of 10 Posts