Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm on the way to pick up my new Tarraco today, exciting times!!

However, I will need to fit a tow bar at some point soon. Has anyone had any luck getting quotes for theirs? I usually go through PF Jones but they haven't got any listed. Awaiting a response to my email.

I should say I'll be looking for a detachable, try to keep the aesthetics, but I'll need one by August, so a fixed may be required.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have been contacting company's nationwide about a towbar for our bike rack, basically there are no removable towbars available and seat are having technical difficulties developing there's :( there is a fixed one available and it's about £650

·
Registered
436 Posts
apjdavies said:
Hi,

I'm on the way to pick up my new Tarraco today, exciting times!!

However, I will need to fit a tow bar at some point soon. Has anyone had any luck getting quotes for theirs? I usually go through PF Jones but they haven't got any listed. Awaiting a response to my email.

I should say I'll be looking for a detachable, try to keep the aesthetics, but I'll need one by August, so a fixed may be required.

Thanks in Advance!
Did you buy the tow bar preparation option when ordering the car?

If PF Jones have one for the VW Tiguan Allspace it should be exactly the same

·
Registered
102 Posts
Any chance of a picture so I can show my dealer, seat UK told me there having technical difficulties with there towbars for this car and there still not available, a picture would help me prove them wrong

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just looked under my boot and there is a big hole like a panel is missing, j was looking at were the towbar would go to see what's there now, can anyone else confirm there's is the same or do you have a panel covering this hole ?

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
SeriousDave said:
Seat in told me they don't have them yet, are they now available for fitment ?
My car was already in the UK when I bought it so no option to add to order from factory with tow bar fitted. I contacted Seat U.K. yesterday regarding availability of a retro fit towbar and was told they will be available to order in September.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally, after six months of waiting, SEAT have managed to find a third party detachable tow bar to install on the car! Fingers crossed it will be complete next Friday. Will update with photos once complete!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Was down at the dealership this morning to finalise a few details about my new Tarraco which I am collecting on Thursday. I asked about the retro fit bar which is due in September and they didn't seem to know about it. The guy said that he would find out more and get back to me, will let you know if I find out any more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Conal said:
d out more and get back to me, will let you know if I find out any more.
I have just had a detachable tow bar fitted to our Tarraco. It is a smart unit, made by brink. Are you looking for the electrically operated one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had one installed and i'm certain its the Allspace version ( It has a VW logo on it) that they fitted, also fits perfectly with detachable tow bar. It has a VW logo on it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
"I have just had a detachable tow bar fitted to our Tarraco. It is a smart unit, made by brink. Are you looking for the electrically operated one?"

No, not an electrically operated one, just a manual detachable. I have a detachable Witter unit on my Leon ST which is being traded in tomorrow.
Was yours fitted by your dealer or by a third party installer?
Any other recommendations please?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Conal said:
"I have just had a detachable tow bar fitted to our Tarraco. It is a smart unit, made by brink. Are you looking for the electrically operated one?"

No, not an electrically operated one, just a manual detachable. I have a detachable Witter unit on my Leon ST which is being traded in tomorrow.
Was yours fitted by your dealer or by a third party installer?
Any other recommendations please?
Thanks in advance.
I went through our dealer, but they took the car to Indespension, I know PF Jones do one too depending where you are based?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Picked up my new Tarraco this morning and got some more information about the Seat detachable tow bar. The price of the parts, bar and wiring harness, is £589.99 plus fitting of course. I think I'll be going for an aftermarket version from another source.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.