Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still awaiting some decent weather so I can hitch up my caravan and test it. my question is what does the Tarraco tow like?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was due to tow for 1st time last weekend but cancelled due to the storm.
Rebooked for March 13th so fingers crossed.
Also If you look on practical caravan there were good reviews on the Ateca that is just a bit smaller that the Tarraco

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not towed a caravan but a 1200 kg trailer with my 1300 kg propeller shaft was no problem!
Of course this trailer has a low centre of gravity so in that case not comparable with a caravan but the weight was no problem at all!

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Land vehicle

:D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had my Tarraco for just over a year and have towed my Coachman VIP 575 caravan for about 2000 miles. My previous 'car was a Land Rover Discovery Sport and I thought that was a good tow car, but the Tarraco is as good as the Land Rover and any of my previous tow cars.(I've been towing caravans for about 38 years!!) My current 'van is 1650kgs but sits securely on the road with very little movement even in strong winds or when being overtaken by big lorries. I can get up to about 26mpg from the 2.0 litre diesel engine. I have the retractable tow ball with built in electrics which is great.

I thoroughly recommend the Tarraco as a top quality tow car.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Simol said:
I have had my Tarraco for just over a year and have towed my Coachman VIP 575 caravan for about 2000 miles. My previous 'car was a Land Rover Discovery Sport and I thought that was a good tow car, but the Tarraco is as good as the Land Rover and any of my previous tow cars.(I've been towing caravans for about 38 years!!) My current 'van is 1650kgs but sits securely on the road with very little movement even in strong winds or when being overtaken by big lorries. I can get up to about 26mpg from the 2.0 litre diesel engine. I have the retractable tow ball with built in electrics which is great.

I thoroughly recommend the Tarraco as a top quality tow car.
That is good to hear as I also Coachman 575 VIP.
I moved from a Freelander 2 as I didn't want the Disco Sport for a number of reasons. (cost price, reliability and day to day running costs).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.