Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my new Tarraco last week I was after one since they came out, what a stunning looking motor the only fault for me is as the opening post says, the under performance when at low revs or turbo lag...

I've got just over 300 miles on it now :shock: :roll: but even after just these short few miles it's driving me round the bend

I have the 2.0 Auto 190 Excellence and I am considering having it re-mapped and gains said to be in the region 225 BHP & 470 NM (Good or not?) but will this re map help the issue I'm having.. After reading some reviews it is the norm with the VW group apparently on the 2 litre but no answers as yet to my question

Any help will be well received. Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's a nice thought having a remap but any issues will invalidate your warrenty.
I drove the 2l petrol on a demonstrator car and thought it was a lovely smooth drive TBO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My son has used dsg gearbox for a while on a golf GTi and now an rs3, he reckons it's fine if used gently but if he's driving quick on bendy roads he's uses it manually to get best performance.

So far I've driven about a 1000 miles but been very gentle on it. If I know it's going to be caught out in a high gear and slow off the mark I tend to drop into sport before the corner or whatever and it seems to behave fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My concern really hit up yesterday when I tried to pull out at a round about there was gap but it needed to shift and it was dead and all of a sudden bang, It seems very intermittent obviously I will need to get to know the car better but still ...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Are you driving in eco mode? if yes it will be very reluctant to downshift and is pointless in my opinion as it will use more fuel when struggling, if you're in the sweet spot it will be more efficient.
Put it in sports mode. or press the accelerators to the bottom to shift down. max torques is from 1750-3500 rpm ANYTHING BELOW IT WON'T KICK IN. or move the shifter to the left and pull it to shift down , or use the flappy pedals on the steering wheel, so many options to do this

The DSG is a semi automatic gearbox all it does it helps you not having to press a clutch, you still need to shift in certain situations

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a diesel 2l DSG as well and have the exact same issue. It's a bit scary sometimes when you think you can pull out into a gap and there's no power, then after about 2-3 hair raising seconds it suddenly kicks in and shoots off!! It's very annoying.

I asked Seat dealer if there's any known issues, hoping there might be a software update or something but they didn't know of any.

Like the others have said, I sometimes just manually downshift myself.

Be interesting to see what a remap would do though.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hank said:
I have a diesel 2l DSG as well and have the exact same issue. It's a bit scary sometimes when you think you can pull out into a gap and there's no power, then after about 2-3 hair raising seconds it suddenly kicks in and shoots off!! It's very annoying.

I asked Seat dealer if there's any known issues, hoping there might be a software update or something but they didn't know of any.

Yes you have to manually downshift!! It's a semi automatic gearbox.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stellamaris5 said:
Are you driving in eco mode? if yes it will be very reluctant to downshift and is pointless in my opinion as it will use more fuel when struggling, if you're in the sweet spot it will be more efficient.
Put it in sports mode. or press the accelerators to the bottom to shift down. max torques is from 1750-3500 rpm ANYTHING BELOW IT WON'T KICK IN. or move the shifter to the left and pull it to shift down , or use the flappy pedals on the steering wheel, so many options to do this

The DSG is a semi automatic gearbox all it does it helps you not having to press a clutch, you still need to shift in certain situations
No the car is in sports mode, the lag is unreal and looks like it is the same with all gearboxes. It's new to me I'll just have to get used to using manual down shift ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hank said:

It's good to know it's not just mine, as bad as that sounds but yeah it appears to be across the board with this issue. A strange one though that sometimes there is power straight away whether that's just the revs are right, it would be nice though to just have it there when it's needed and you could trust it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Diesel 2.0 with DSG and I am experiencing the dreaded 'lag' which I feel is the 'Drive profile' on the car. I have had several nasty occasions when the car just refuses to pick up in traffic and poses a real safety threat. I think that SEAT need to re-map the 'D' setting as this is the default and is frankly dangerous. I know about Manual and switching modes to Sport etc but I cannot let my wife drive this car like this. Please can anyone who wants to join me 'reply' to me and I will make a combined case to Seat customer services to push for a fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get seat to fix it? I have a 2020 2.00 diesel dsg and it's a dangerous as it won't pull away at a junction or roundabout every time. Sometimes it's ok other times not same when trying to overtake. I only use sport mode but that doesn't fix it? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I've never had this issue, but since i got the car almost a year ago, I've changed the "Throttle response behavior":

from "Gradual, controlled by time" to "Direct, controlled by threshold"

The car became very responsive, especially in Sport mode.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Always amazes me why VAG have never addressed this. It's been present in every DSG VAG car I've ever had since the mk5 Golf GTI came out and introduced DSG. It's pretty much the same whether diesel or petrol and even when remapped. Not saying it's a bad gearbox at all but this feature in traffic is annoying.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.