Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two weeks, I'm still very impressed with the Tarraco, but there are a couple of things that I'm not so keen on.

Side steps.
They look good, but as a practical item they are poor.
They are not wide enough to be of any use when alighting from the car for anyone who needs a bit of assistance.
The treads on them are dangerous when wet as there is no proper grip to them. I may look at having something made to stick on top the treads to give them some grip.
The leading edge is a mud trap and seems to hold all the muck and dirt thrown up from the road, and with the gritting season soon to be upon us, I'll need to keep washing the detritus off. I did ask about having mudflaps fitted but they wont fit (despite being shown fitted in the brochure).
Lane assistance
Drives me mad. I know its a safety feature, but it seems to detect old road works (trench infills) and the like and has on more than one occasion tried to push me to one side. I'll keep it off unless on motorways or dual carriageways. I think it only activates at over 40 mph anyway.
Handbook
A bit of a nightmare with a number of omissions regarding some of the vehicles functions and how to set them up. Thank goodnenss for the knowledge this forum has!

Thats all folks.
(for now)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
Is it the front wheels that throw up the mud into the corners of the side step? My mud flaps and side steps were fitted by the dealer.
Yes they do. My dealer said they couldn't be fitted at the front as there was enough space to get them mounted.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mcsimmo said:
SizzlingPotato said:
Is it the front wheels that throw up the mud into the corners of the side step? My mud flaps and side steps were fitted by the dealer.
Yes they do. My dealer said they couldn't be fitted at the front as there was enough space to get them mounted.
Interesting to have 2 different opinions from 2 different dealers. I've either proven him/her wrong OR my mud flap is going to fall off any moment :lol:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SizzlingPotato said:
Mcsimmo said:
SizzlingPotato said:
Interesting to have 2 different opinions from 2 different dealers. I've either proven him/her wrong OR my mud flap is going to fall off any moment :lol:
Different dealers, different views I guess. In the accessory brochure there is a photo of front mudflaps fitted to a Tarraco with the side steps.

Given the choice, I wouldn't have had the side steps fitted having had a previous vehicle fitted with them and found them to be a pain... but as they were already fitted I'll keep them on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
"Lane assistance
Drives me mad. I know its a safety feature, but it seems to detect old road works (trench infills) and the like and has on more than one occasion tried to push me to one side. I'll keep it off unless on motorways or dual carriageways. I think it only activates at over 40 mph anyway."

I found it very strange at first and turned it off unless I was on a major road (I do a lot of mileage on B roads), but now I have it on all the time particulalrly in dark/rainy/snow/misty times as it is a good reminder of where road is. I've got used to it tugging the wheel and ignore it when i'm happy to cross lines etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leprechaun said:
The ACC and lane assist are very handy I think.....sure I fell asleep on the way home yesterday evening and woke in parked in my garden.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.