Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First post on here so hope this is in the right place.

What is a typical average MPG on the 2 litre Diesel with 150 bhp? Test drove a manual today and was showing 32 MPG but dealer told me it should be 42-47.... not sure what's what.

What are people normally getting?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Swift.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Swift,

I've a 2.0 TDI 150 for 3 weeks now, have about 3000km on it an getting between 46-50mpg on my daily commute, but that's on b roads with little traffic at 55mph, ideal conditions !. for the first 5 miles i only get 36mpg.
my current long term is 45mpg and improving, It was 52mpg on my previous 2.0 150 TDI Ateca.
The comfort and quietness amazes me on some trips, so i can accept a few mpg less than the Ateca.

I don't think your dealers to far away with his 42-47 for leisurely driving, if you push it you could certainly get less.
All my mpg are based on the dashboard figures, i haven't checked how accurate that is

Hope that helps, Id also be interested to see what others are getting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2.0l diesel 190bhp auto 4drive and drive mostly on Irish dual carriageways (62 mph) and motorways (74 mph) with a bit of city driving thrown in for good measure. I averaged 40 mpg for first 15000km but since service that has dropped slightly (go figure). I live mostly in ego mode with suspension on comfort setting. Reckon the 150 diesel should well exceed my mpg values but it really depends on where one drives, how one drives and correct tyre pressure (strangely, my factory setting for my tyres is 38psi and they have miraculously stayed on that value for nearly 16000 km). The Tarraco is a wonderful car to drive. I have niggles with some build quality (dealer looking into same) which is surprising as the car is built in the VW Wolfsburg factory with VAG parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[media][/media]
swiftyseat said:
Hi All,

First post on here so hope this is in the right place.

What is a typical average MPG on the 2 litre Diesel with 150 bhp? Test drove a manual today and was showing 32 MPG but dealer told me it should be 42-47.... not sure what's what.

What are people normally getting?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Swift.
I wouldn't be to concerned with the mileage figures on a demonstrator.

They are driven by all sorts of people usually around the dealers vicinity and rarely in a manner that an owner would normally use, they are, after all testing the vehicles handling and performance characteristics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
be wary of the 1.5 petrol as they have had a few with issues and have had a recall and some not fixed.

I have the 2tdi execllance and MPG is around 48 mixed town and motorway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.