Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to you guys to take a look at yours:

Car at Seat Service at the moment and they just called me saying that there is un-even wear on one of the rear disc. They are stripping it down and suspect a seizing caliper. My car in 26 months old and covered 13k miles.

Luckily I got a courtesy car and happy to let them keep it and sort it out.

Service Assistant said it would most probably be a warranty claim... I'm thinking it be with only 13k on it, it better be!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had this on my Honda after 30k
Out of warranty so sourced a recon one job done.
Yours should be covered under warranty though vibe

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to update, picked up car today. Lost my hi-beam assist so I assume they updated the ECU.

New rear caliper on passenger side and new pads across the rear axle. Discs not changed, as well within spec.

They noticed the uneven pad wear on the caliper (inside v outside pad).

Caliper and pads all under warranty.

Very happy with the service received from my local Seat Service, which is the Citygate VW dealer at Watford.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just had disks and pads renewed on my 4WD 2.0 TDi Excellence First Edition at the 40,000 mile service. Excluding labour, parts cost just under £600.00. Add Vat and labour and the total brake replacement was over £800.00. Has anyone else had all discs and pads done in one go? What mileage had you done and how much was the total cost?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just had replacement front pads and rear disks and pads (due to corrosion and uneven wear) but instead of using the local stealership I used a really good local Indy (A&A motors in Anlaby). The total cost was £410 all in. they used OEM disks but uprated Brembo pads. Car is a 69 plate Xcellance Lux now with 20,000 on the clock that I picked up last year for a bargain, i think the previous owner didn't drive it very much hence the corroded brake disks, which may have been a consequence of Covid.

Brakes are working very well now and over all i am very happy with the car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts