Seat Tarraco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the plunge and upgraded rear lights to coast to coast? if so does anyone have the part numbers and costings?

·
Registered
306 Posts
If anyone manages to find a solution I would be happy to know as well.

Booked Monday for replacing the fake light strip as it has water ingress, wouldn't mind replacing the whole thing, have seen it on a Leon, looks very cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

you can find all necessary info by following https://www.clubseattarraco.com/threads/iluminacion-del-catadrioptico-trasero-de-faro-a-faro.187/
Google translate it to english.

You can find usefull info on pages 10, 15. Photos of upgraged tail lights are on pages 23, 24,30.
Part numbers are 5FJ945095 for the left and 5FJ945096 for the right.
In few words - cost is around 500 eur,installation is easy, there is difference in connectors between non-coast and coast lights so there will be no back light animation.

·
Registered
306 Posts
vda82 said:
Hello,

you can find all necessary info by following https://www.clubseattarraco.com/threads/iluminacion-del-catadrioptico-trasero-de-faro-a-faro.187/
Goole translate it to english.

You can find usefull info on pages 10, 15. Photos of upgraged tail lights are on pages 23, 24,30.
Part numbers are 5FJ945095 for the left and 5FJ945096 for the right.
In few words - cost is around 500 eur,instaaltion is easy, there is difference in connectors between non-coast and coast lights so there will be no back light animation.
I think the correct part numbers for the UK (RHD) are 5FJ945095A and 5FJ945096A. Any resident part dealer would come in handy right now to confirm.

In any case, amazing heads up. The Spanish forum is a goldmine.

I will be making some phone calls tomorrow to try and a) source them (Brexit is a PITA in that respect as many part dealers from Europe don't accept orders from the UK any more) and b) find someone to install them (my local VW approved garage is pants).

·
Registered
447 Posts
I looked at the forum and found this:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/224227848358

So I guess the rear centre sections are going to be around £500 for the pair.

Someone who has done it said they light up but will not have the welcome running light function. Whether this can be programmed via OBD11 or VCDS I don't know, maybe even need a new module.

But in summary, someone has retro fitted the new lights and they work but no welcome light sequence.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Brilliant work, if anybody gets a finished price quote please post on here.
Looks like the welcome function does not happen but everything else works

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great Spanish thread, looks like an easy job, spoke to SEAT Parts UK, £240 per side including VAT, but no Uk stock but can be ordered now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seat Motor Parts who are one of the sponsors on seatcupra forums. 7 day lead time.
Part numbers are 5FJ-945-095-A for left and 096 for right.

Don't think I can justify the outlay at the moment but the info is there for anyone who needs it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
scubamartin said:
Seat Motor Parts who are one of the sponsors on seatcupra forums. 7 day lead time.
Part numbers are 5FJ-945-095-A for left and 096 for right.

Don't think I can justify the outlay at the moment but the info is there for anyone who needs it.
Just ordered from them; £385 and change, all in.

7-10 working days (factory order, to be expected).

·
Registered
306 Posts
CYB2007 said:
Brilliant, Is that a fitted price ? If yes where are they based?
Not fitted but also not having to worry about customs charges etc.

Had a look at the installation pics from the German website referred to from the Spanish forum, it looks like a 15' job, Unplug old, Plug New and Drive. Sell old on eBay :).

Need to make sure you buy the RHD parts: 5FJ945095A and 5FJ945096A and you are good to go (if you don't want to be filing connectors to make them fit).

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
vib1288 said:
Why would you ask for a price match and not for them to beat the price?!
:lol:
I had already ordered and paid, it was at their discrection to refund the difference which they did and that is commendable, I couldn't ask for more.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.